Credit where it's due

greg775

Nice job by Marte and Koch.

As much as I wanted E-Lo to stay in out of fear we'd blow it, this can do nothing but help.

We've got to have closers and they did get it done 1-2-3 in the ninth.

That said, why can't we hit the ball?

Is it all on Konerko being a stiff suddenly?

I was barely breathing when Koch came in.

Shoulda been a shutout, but it does still count as an ER shuout for Loaiza. 8 innings with 0 ER....helps his ERA tremendously. Then again, who gives a s*** about ER shutouts?

We won and that's all that matters in the end. Gained a game on Minnesota, and if everything held up with KC and Cleveland, though I haven't checked yet, Minny is no longer in sole possesion of first place. I hope that Sunday was their last day in sole possesion of first place. I hope they move out of first place tomorrow night, and they don't see first place again till next April when they are 5-2 or something like that.

I hope they move out of first place tomorrow night, and they don't see first place again till next April when they are 5-2 or something like that.

How about never until guys like Koski, Pierzinsky, Menkitwich, and Hunter are on that team. How about them getting swept by us in the first series of the season, sending them into a season-long tail spin, much like the better portion of the late-90s.

As much as I wanted E-Lo to stay in out of fear we'd blow it, this can do nothing but help.

Wow, we're giving credit to koch when he was given 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th when he came in???

Koch also sucks...the guy fall behind 2-0 then comes back, and hunter hits a bullet at Crede..this guy can't do anything easy...

I being the biggest Foulke supporter when he was here am still pissed that we "gave" up on him cause he had 2 bad months last year...

ARGH!!! :fyou

I miss Foulke... :angry:

You can't blame Konerko, he has been on the bench for the last week or two.

Yeah, it's amazing. A guy hits .191 and he's benched. Are we gonna start saying JM is making a bad decision to bench PK? Wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, it's amazing. A guy hits .191 and he's benched. Are we gonna start saying JM is making a bad decision to bench PK? Wouldn't surprise me.

Why so negative today? :huh:

Hehe, I'm one of the most positive people around here when it comes to the Sox losing. You never see me freaking out after losses, and I'm often the voice of reason amidst a barrage of " :fyou him", "trade him", "fire him", etc, etc, etc. It's sickening to me how down some of you (not you specifically, I'm speaking generally here) can be on the Sox, then just moment later you love them again. It's like Jekyl and Hyde. But when it comes to PK, he should not be playing. It's plain and simple. I don't know what the Sox are going to do, because I don't know if he has ANY trade value at this point. And he's not going to get any value if he's sitting on the bench. But at the same time, if the Sox intend to win, they can't just leave him out there to hit under .200 and hit into countless DP's. They're in a tough situation, and I don't know WTF they're going to do. Think Baltimore would do Konerko for Ponson straight up? :rolleyes:

Hehe, I'm one of the most positive people around here when it comes to the Sox losing. You never see me freaking out after losses, and I'm often the voice of reason amidst a barrage of " :fyou him", "trade him", "fire him", etc, etc, etc. It's sickening to me how down some of you (not you specifically, I'm speaking generally here) can be on the Sox, then just moment later you love them again. It's like Jekyl and Hyde. But when it comes to PK, he should not be playing. It's plain and simple. I don't know what the Sox are going to do, because I don't know if he has ANY trade value at this point. And he's not going to get any value if he's sitting on the bench. But at the same time, if the Sox intend to win, they can't just leave him out there to hit under .200 and hit into countless DP's. They're in a tough situation, and I don't know WTF they're going to do. Think Baltimore would do Konerko for Ponson straight up? :rolleyes:

You are right Konerko shouldn't be starting. I am not one of those people who gets all glassy eyed over a player and refuses to admit bad things about them. Right now Konerko sucks and Daubach is hitting while we are winning. You play Daub and bench Pauly. It is that simple IMO.

I just didn't understand Konerko getting blamed for lack of offense when he hasn't even been playing. Who gets blamed next, Sandy?

You are right Konerko shouldn't be starting. I am not one of those people who gets all glassy eyed over a player and refuses to admit bad things about them. Right now Konerko sucks and Daubach is hitting while we are winning. You play Daub and bench Pauly. It is that simple IMO.

I just didn't understand Konerko getting blamed for lack of offense when he hasn't even been playing. Who gets blamed next, Sandy?

I don't want to speak for whoever blamed PK, but I think they were probably blaming him for what he did (or didn't do) when he WAS starting. Until about 3 weeks ago, PK was playing everyday at 1B, and as we all know he stunk it up. That didn't set a good trend, but to blame 1 guy for the failures of several is silly.

I don't see how Konerko can work out of this slump without playing time. However, we cannot afford to play him right now. Daubach and Thomas are producing (sort of) far better that if Konerko is in the mix.

I'm sure this has been brought up, but what is preventing Konerko from being sent down to Charlotte to get some regular ABs? If I were him, that's what I feel like I'd need to get back. I understand it's a pride thing, but right now he looks he is dead weight on this team. There is no pride in that.

I don't see how Konerko can work out of this slump without playing time. However, we cannot afford to play him right now. Daubach and Thomas are producing (sort of) far better that if Konerko is in the mix.

I'm sure this has been brought up, but what is preventing Konerko from being sent down to Charlotte to get some regular ABs? If I were him, that's what I feel like I'd need to get back. I understand it's a pride thing, but right now he looks he is dead weight on this team. There is no pride in that.

He can refuse the assignment at his age and level of experience.

Since he's been in the league for like 4 or 5 years now, I don't think the Sox can send him down without him clearing waivers first. I am just guessing, so I may be wrong.

If that is the case, he should come up with some BS injury, and go down to the minors to "rehab", heh. And keep him down there for about 2 or 3 weeks until he figures out the problem. Or, just send him to a therapist, because like Hawk said, the problem is between his ears, not anywhere else.

He can refuse the assignment at his age and level of experience.

If he's a team guy and has any integrity, he would VOLUNTEER to go down and do that. Who wants to sit on the bench? Plus, if he went down and got his swing back, maybe he could get traded if he's the odd man out here in Chicago. I hope he can get his s*** together, because his production would REALLY help this team right about now.

Wow, we're giving credit to koch when he was given 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th when he came in???

Koch also sucks...the guy fall behind 2-0 then comes back, and hunter hits a bullet at Crede..this guy can't do anything easy...

I being the biggest Foulke supporter when he was here am still pissed that we "gave" up on him cause he had 2 bad months last year...

ARGH!!! :fyou

I have to agree. I only saw the highlight and it looked as if Koch's ball had good sharp break, but it was up enough to get hit hard. Crede got it and I wonder if it weren't for playing back on the astroturf if he would have gotten it in another ballpark made of real grass? Might be overly critical here of Koch, but he is a panic attack in black and silver.

Anyone else here in favor of Graffanino getting some more at bats? I really can't stand valentin, and he should never, EVER face a lefty...why he still hits from the right side is beyond me.

With the emergence of Willie Harris (and even Rowand may be better now), i think our two main problems are the offense from short and DH.

Anyone else here in favor of Graffanino getting some more at bats? I really can't stand valentin, and he should never, EVER face a lefty...why he still hits from the right side is beyond me.

With the emergence of Willie Harris (and even Rowand may be better now), i think our two main problems are the offense from short and DH.

DH and SS are definitely problems, but lately, so has LF, 2B, and hell even RF. We've got several guys who need to step up -- I don't care who, just SOMEONE!

And yes, Graffy should get 2 or 3 starts a week IMO to send Jose a message.

I agree wit Clu.

I agree with soxfan1 who agrees with clu, which would make me agree with myself.

But anyway, Graff should get more PT. I think consistent at bats will raise the average and Valentin's O and D are really troubling at this point.

ARGH!!!  :fyou

I thought it was 2 bad games :lol:

I miss Foulke too. I was one of the few here that didn't like the trade from day one :angry:

ARGH!!!  :fyou

I thought it was 2 bad games :lol:

I miss Foulke too. I was one of the few here that didn't like the trade from day one :angry:

I have to admit Killa ... My dumb ass was in favor of it. Feel free to :bang