Jenks today

ExpatNYC

Just wondering if anyone else caught today's game against the Brew Crew. I caught some of it, not all of it, but managed to see Bobby throw a couple innings--not straight through--and thought he looked damn tight. Anyone else have that impression, or was the awesome 400k stream from MLB.TV working some hocus pocus?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
He seemed from the radio to be throwing an awful lot of offspeed stuff instead of featuring the fastball like he ususally does. It's possible he was just working on something.

That was my interpretation in the game thread. It seemed that he was working on his curve and change.

QUOTE(G&T @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was my interpretation in the game thread. It seemed that he was working on his curve and change.

Fellow Sox Fans,

I saw Jenks pitch today and I thought his sole purpose was to work on his breaking pitch. He threw it in all situations in the count and didn't look too interested in unleashing the trademark fastball. I was watching at work so I had the sound down so I am not sure if Hawk or Zzzzzzzzz.J. talked about that.

www.whitesoxalmanac.com

QUOTE(StatManDu @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
Fellow Sox Fans,

I saw Jenks pitch today and I thought his sole purpose was to work on his breaking pitch. He threw it in all situations in the count and didn't look too interested in unleashing the trademark fastball. I was watching at work so I had the sound down so I am not sure if Hawk or Zzzzzzzzz.J. talked about that.

www.whitesoxalmanac.com

It would make sense. He really hasn't thrown any breaking pitches all of camp so I think its a good sign that he's feeling good enough to start focusing on his breaking stuff so he can get a feel of that by the start of the season.

Phyiscally he was looking much better. The guy is big and will always be. If you were expecting Mike McDougal that wasn't going to happen.

As for pitches. He seemed to go with his slider a-lot and I think this is a ptich they are working on with him. If he can throw this for strikes the guy will be unhittable. His curve is slow enough to supercede any type of change he could throw. I think his slider will allow him to sustain his stuff on consecutive days and 2 inning outings better.

Also the guy is not going to hit 100 in March and maybe not April or early May hence the more pitches he can throw the better.

I thought he looking good and did not expect anything more from him.