Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 10:19 AM)
I saw them when they toured behind The Colour and the Shape. They were very good, a lot of energy.

Yeah, Dave still has tons and tons of energy. Not sure how you do that night after night without some "performance enhancing" drugs.

They did a pretty neat split-stage thing. There was the main stage located where most bands would set up at the Allstate. There was also this runway leading out into the middle of the floor with a large ring at the end of it. About half way into the show, a second stage, complete with drum kit, percussion section, pianos/ etc. lowered from the scoreboard into the ring. They all ran down there and played their acoustic stuff on this stage, which had a more 'intimate' feel than the main stage.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
Yeah, Dave still has tons and tons of energy. Not sure how you do that night after night without some "performance enhancing" drugs.

They did a pretty neat split-stage thing. There was the main stage located where most bands would set up at the Allstate. There was also this runway leading out into the middle of the floor with a large ring at the end of it. About half way into the show, a second stage, complete with drum kit, percussion section, pianos/ etc. lowered from the scoreboard into the ring. They all ran down there and played their acoustic stuff on this stage, which had a more 'intimate' feel than the main stage.

That's a pretty cool gimmick. I'm not really a fan of their acoustic stuff, but that's a fun way to present it.

Nine Inch nails just released a free download album called "Ghosts I-IV", it is purely instrumental. You can get the 9 track download for free, if you pay 5 bucks you get a bunch of remixes, 10 bucks gets you even more remixes, and then there are some 75 and 300 dollar packages that come with signed cds and stuff. they released this yesterday without making any noise about it, and the site still went down because the site traffic was triple of what they anticipated.

I have strayed further and further away from hip-hop music over the past few years because it has just got really bad IMO,but I went out and bought Lupe Fiasco's latest album because of the reviews that I have heard here and in mags.I thought his flow was weak along with his singing and gave the cd to my buddy.If he has got so much better from his album before this one I hate to see how bad he was before.

On a better note the Cool Kids have the most impressive rap music I have heard in years.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
I have strayed further and further away from hip-hop music over the past few years because it has just got really bad IMO,but I went out and bought Lupe Fiasco's latest album because of the reviews that I have heard here and in mags.I thought his flow was weak along with his singing and gave the cd to my buddy.If he has got so much better from his album before this one I hate to see how bad he was before.

On a better note the Cool Kids have the most impressive rap music I have heard in years.

Flow weak? are we listening to the same album? I'm a fan of the Cool Kids as well, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the most impressive rap music in years.

April 5th in San Antonio

Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, and Bullet for my Valentine

I dont think I have ever been more pumped for something in my life.. this concert is going to rock so f***ing hard I am gonna lose it

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
bmaggs, mhizzle, soxace -- or anyone else who cares to chime in... Talib Kweli is playing a free show at Marquette. Is he someone worth seeing?

YES, especially for free. What I like about him, at least when I saw him is that he hits stuff from his entire catalog.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
YES, especially for free.

^^^^^^^

Seconded. Like his flow and he's hip-hop. Twista and Do or Die hold free shows every year "somewhere" downtown.. :ph34r: Just heard about it this year and will be attendin (July 4th..) Bone Thugs is having their show in a few weeks at the house of blues (Tickets are like 26 bucks...damn good) 10 people I know are going and I will try damn hard to go too.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
bmaggs, mhizzle, soxace -- or anyone else who cares to chime in... Talib Kweli is playing a free show at Marquette. Is he someone worth seeing?

Definitely. Saw him and Mos Def last summer for a free Zune BBQ party on the west side.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
I LOVE Bizzy Bone. :)

Just for that, his

Shout out to Chris Notez too.

This is definitely a 90's vibe. Love it. Can't wait to get his album. :)

Edited by SoxAce

Saw Angels & Airwaves last night. Pretty awesome, they played for 2 hours...

For anyone who cares, this was the setlist:

Call to Arms

It Hurts

Love Like Rockets

Everything's Magic

Distraction

The Adventure

Rite of Spring

Good Day

Secret Crowds

The Gift

Sirens