Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
terrible lineup. Will skip again. WOoo yay GOV"T MULE ALRIGHT!

How can you say it's horrible? There's something for practically every taste in music. And Gov't Mule is like 16th on the list.

Please skip, your negative attitude would not fit in.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 05:18 AM)
How can you say it's horrible? There's something for practically every taste in music. And Gov't Mule is like 16th on the list.

Because the list will attract sweaty miserable hippies and all day outdoor festivals 8 bands worth hearing in a group of 60 and the bad bands being bands you know are bad and hate makes it an awful list. Bonnaroo sucks. Go Coachella.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
Because the list will attract sweaty miserable hippies and all day outdoor festivals 8 bands worth hearing in a group of 60 and the bad bands being bands you know are bad and hate makes it an awful list. Bonnaroo sucks. Go Coachella.

Which Bonnaroos have you been to?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 06:04 AM)
Buy my ticket to Coachella and I'll let you crash at my place for 3 days. It's 10 mins from here.

i'll buy your ticket if you buy my airfare...actually holy s*** whens coachella again after grad. I was gonna go on a cross country road trip I wonder if I could make it there in time.

I went to bonnaroo 2 years ago when they started moving away from the s***ty dave matthews crowd. It seems they are trying to retain that awful awful base.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
Sos anyways, this is how you do it bonnaroo

Did you get beat up at Bonnaroo or something? Your disdain of it is puzzling to me.

Yeah, I'd love to go to Coachella, but I can get to Manchester in about six hours. Coachella is about 1500 miles farther.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Did you get beat up at Bonnaroo or something? Your disdain of it is puzzling to me.

Yeah, I'd love to go to Coachella, but I can get to Manchester in about six hours. Coachella is about 1500 miles farther.

I was fine with Bonnaroos lineup last year. BUt this year they are clearly trying to grab back that disgusting awful filthy group of fans. Oh man Bela Fleck can f***in PLUCK man

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
I was fine with Bonnaroos lineup last year. BUt this year they are clearly trying to grab back that disgusting awful filthy group of fans. Oh man Bela Fleck can f***in PLUCK man

Hey, Victor Wooten is a badass bassist.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
I dont think the Killers will stick as the Saturday headliner for long. Chemical Brothers or somebody else is going to bump them out.

I think so too, not because the killers put out an awful album, but they've had so much success with their electronic acts on big stages

I just fell into Weezer. For whatever reason I resisted them for a long time, I knew that they had some good songs which I liked but just never gave them a shot. I have the Blue album deluxe edition, Pinkerton, and the Red album right now and I am going nuts.

Blue Album and Pinkerton are incredible. The Blue Album is one of the top 10 albums of the 1990s, in my opinion.

Red Album is ok, it's better than Maladroit and Make Believe, but not as good as the Green Album (which isn't anywhere near as good as the Blue Album or Pinkerton).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Blue Album and Pinkerton are incredible. The Blue Album is one of the top 10 albums of the 1990s, in my opinion.

Red Album is ok, it's better than Maladroit and Make Believe, but not as good as the Green Album (which isn't anywhere near as good as the Blue Album or Pinkerton).

The Red Album is only BARELY better than Make Believe, but Maladroit destroys both albums.

Blue Album = Pinkerton > Green Album > Maladroit > Red Album > Make Believe