Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
Eh, Dave Matthews fans are pretty f***ed up. I'd bet a large majority of those people listen to nothing but live dmb tapes.

I think you guys are crazy and are taking a few extreme cases and assuming that everybody behaves in the way. I mean we are talkilng about a 20,000 seat ampitheater (where DMB & THS are playing in St Louis) I am sure a lot of those people listen to a lot of other music.

The Hold Steady are headlining a show in St. Louis on April 6 at a place that holds less than 500 people, I will keep a look out for their next healiner show and where it is. I would be willing to bet that it is at a considerably bigger venue.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
Blu and Exile - Below the heavens

thats whasup

You my man are about a year and a half late. But congrats on finding one of the best albums of 07.

Make sure to check out more of Blu's stuff.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
I think you guys are crazy and are taking a few extreme cases and assuming that everybody behaves in the way. I mean we are talkilng about a 20,000 seat ampitheater (where DMB & THS are playing in St Louis) I am sure a lot of those people listen to a lot of other music.

The Hold Steady are headlining a show in St. Louis on April 6 at a place that holds less than 500 people, I will keep a look out for their next healiner show and where it is. I would be willing to bet that it is at a considerably bigger venue.

Not really. I encourage you to go to this show and ask the people how many live shows they have of Matthews, they'll start bragging.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
Not really. I encourage you to go to this show and ask the people how many live shows they have of Matthews, they'll start bragging.

OK, you go with me I will ask half and you can ask half.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Well enjoy it because I doubt you will be able to see them in a venue that size again very soon.

I love THS, but I really don't see them blowing up to the point where they can consistently fill huge venues as the headliner. Not that many people really get into them and I think the vocals have a lot to do with it. People love em or hate em.....and honestly I fear that they're best work is behind them.

Then again, s***ty music sells. They've put out 3 solid records that haven't sold real well. Watch them put out three s***ty ones and fill stadiums.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 12:51 AM)
I love THS, but I really don't see them blowing up to the point where they can consistently fill huge venues as the headliner. Not that many people really get into them and I think the vocals have a lot to do with it. People love em or hate em.....and honestly I fear that they're best work is behind them.

Then again, s***ty music sells. They've put out 3 solid records that haven't sold real well. Watch them put out three s***ty ones and fill stadiums.

That is kind of how I feel about the Drive By Truckers. To me, they've already made their best music. They're not going to play in stadiums, but I used to be able to see them in 300 seat clubs now I would have to go to 3,000 seat theaters.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 06:53 AM)
That is kind of how I feel about the Drive By Truckers. To me, they've already made their best music. They're not going to play in stadiums, but I used to be able to see them in 300 seat clubs now I would have to go to 3,000 seat theaters.

I am pretty sure i saw the Drive By Truckers open up for the another band(I think i was the Urge) waaaaaaaaaay back when at the Copper.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 07:01 AM)
I am pretty sure i saw the Drive By Truckers open up for the another band(I think i was the Urge) waaaaaaaaaay back when at the Copper.

I don't know, the only time I remember them playing in Carbondale was at Boo Jr's and it was the night that the Sox got into that huge brawl with the Tigers.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
I don't know, the only time I remember them playing in Carbondale was at Boo Jr's and it was the night that the Sox got into that huge brawl with the Tigers.

The show I saw was pretty crazy. There were two openers and they were both off the hook, DBT were definitely an opener. This was before 2000, it was either 98 or 99. It was when the Urge was playing the copper at least 3 times a year, and I was seeing about 20-25 shows a year

Great record, but IMO still a step down from their previous two.

Tell me about The Thermals.

Three piece punk rock band with great hooks and distinctive vocals. Now We Can See might be their most accessible album yet, but The Body, The Blood, The Machine is my favorite album of 2006.

If you want anything I can PM it to you.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
Three piece punk rock band with great hooks and distinctive vocals. Now We Can See might be their most accessible album yet, but The Body, The Blood, The Machine is my favorite album of 2006.

NWCS is their latest??

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)

I DLed it on your recommendation - and I like it. It's only my first listen, but it's not bad. It's not punk btw, but it's not bad.