Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Didn't he produce the track he's featured on on Graduation?

pretty sure he didn't. Kanye got all the production credits with the exception of timbaland helping with the drums in stronger. He produced Jay's awful awful song though.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
are we talking about the same guy?

Yes we are. The guy who has produced countless Coldplay hits.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
Didn't he produce the track he's featured on on Graduation?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
pretty sure he didn't. Kanye got all the production credits with the exception of timbaland helping with the drums in stronger. He produced Jay's awful awful song though.

Yes. He co-produced it actually with Kanye. The original beat was completely different. It was much darker, a little longer, some words changed around, and John Legend was on it. Beach Chair was awesome might I add.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
Regardless that song sucks.

Homecoming was the only good song off of that album besides Good Life and the intro.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
Homecoming was the only good song off of that album besides Good Life and the intro.

Say what? That entire album is great.

Actually, Warryn Campbell gets the co-production credit on Homecoming.

Edited by MHizzle85

I'm not gonna stand here and listen to people tell me Chris Martin is a good producer.

for one:

per wiki

2007 "Homecoming" Kanye West Graduation Co-writer, featured vocals, piano

12. Homecoming (Ft. Chris Martin)

Produced By - Kanye West & Warryn "Baby Dubb" Campbell

he was the co producer for one awful song off a terrible album. For two he doesn't even produce coldplays albums. For three, he's something awful as a songwriter.

I'm not gonna stand here and listen to people tell me Chris Martin is a good producer.

for one:

per wiki

he was the co producer for one awful song off a terrible album. For two he doesn't even produce coldplays albums. For three, he's something awful as a songwriter.

You didnt like Graduation?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
Say what? That entire album is great.

Actually, Warryn Campbell gets the co-production credit on Homecoming.

Martin helped produced it. In fact he said it at a Coldplay concert. He could've been lying though, who knows.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)

for one:

per wiki

And for Beach Chair I don't think he got production credits(don't have the booklet), but he sent in the chords to Dre who did the rest.

Anyone going to Kanye's/Gaga's concert in January?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Anyone going to Kanye's/Gaga's concert in January?

I was. But I keep hearing that the tour is cancelled. It's a shame because it'd be a orgasm visually.

I am going to U of I to see Jay, Lupe & Wale though.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
I was. But I keep hearing that the tour is cancelled. It's a shame because it'd be a orgasm visually.

I am going to U of I to see Jay, Lupe & Wale though.

Oh, from all accounts, it's still on. Tickets go on sale in October. My gf sent me the link because she loves Gaga and Kanye's Graduation album. Lupe and Wale should be good. Jay, eh. I really love Shining Down by Lupe though. Very underrated song.

EDIT

http://www.examiner.com/x-6604-Urban-Pop-E...s-and-dates-set

Presale is next week for Kanye fan club members.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Oh, from all accounts, it's still on. Tickets go on sale in October. My gf sent me the link because she loves Gaga and Kanye's Graduation album. Lupe and Wale should be good. Jay, eh. I really love Shining Down by Lupe though. Very underrated song.

EDIT

http://www.examiner.com/x-6604-Urban-Pop-E...s-and-dates-set

Presale is next week for Kanye fan club members.

I just saw it was back on as well. The one thing I do hate though is that if you want a shot at good seats you've gotta join the fanclub...not sure I'm gonna spend $45 bucks just for the shot at good seats.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
I just saw it was back on as well. The one thing I do hate though is that if you want a shot at good seats you've gotta join the fanclub...not sure I'm gonna spend $45 bucks just for the shot at good seats.

Neither am I. I usually get presale codes though from a reliable source for all types of events, so if I do get it which I'm 99% certain I'm going to have it, I'll PM you.

Brand New "Daisy" is not what I expected, but in a good way. I am glad they are not staying formulaic and have tried something a little different. Vices surprised the s*** out of me

I also checked out Creeper Lagoon on a whim, and I like what I hear. Dead Mans Saloon is a cool song

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Brand New "Daisy" is not what I expected, but in a good way. I am glad they are not staying formulaic and have tried something a little different. Vices surprised the s*** out of me

I also checked out Creeper Lagoon on a whim, and I like what I hear. Dead Mans Saloon is a cool song

You are talking about a new album by Brand New right?