Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
There are a lot of easy criticsm that can be lobbed at this list. It's so faulty it's almost not worth being mad at it, but here goes......

You Gots to Chill is the EPMD song over Crossover or Headbanger? Or Strictly Business?

LL gets two songs on here, but neither are high enough. Can't Live Without My Radio should be Top 5, and I Need Love was one of the first hip-hop love songs and should be early-20s at least. It's 60. Also, where's Goin Back to Cali?

Hold It Now, Hit It over Paul Revere, No Sleep Til Brooklyn, Fight for Your Right to Party, Hey Ladies, etc? Agreed

I'd have chosen Pusherman over Colors for Ice-T's entry (and maybe even Cop Killer) but why not give him a few slots?

Juicy for Biggie? And that's it? Are they crazy? Where's Big Poppa? Where's Hypnotize? Where's Ready to Die?

Only one NWA song?!!!!! Where's Gangsta Gangsta, f*** the Police, Boyz in the Hood, etc?

Can I get ONE Eazy solo song?

Meth's All I Need is #44???

love Nuttin But a G Thang, but Top 5 of all time? Uh, no. 15-20 is about right.

There's tons more to complain about but here's a start.......

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was cleaning the house yesterday and I put on the music channels while I am doing it, and first I put on Adult Alternative thinking it was going to be stuff that I grew up on in the 90's, but it didnt end up being like that, it was more "softer" alternative. I did hear a good band though, Monsters of Folk, and the song I heard was "ahead of the curve". I got the album last night and it is very interesting, I think it is definitely a "background music" type for me, but thats not a bad thing.

I then switched to the normal Alternative station and heard a band called Metric. It has a chick lead singer, but I really like it. Its kind of like The Cardigans with an edge. "Help, Im Alive" is a badass song, I really like it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 08:50 AM)
I was cleaning the house yesterday and I put on the music channels while I am doing it, and first I put on Adult Alternative thinking it was going to be stuff that I grew up on in the 90's, but it didnt end up being like that, it was more "softer" alternative. I did hear a good band though, Monsters of Folk, and the song I heard was "ahead of the curve". I got the album last night and it is very interesting, I think it is definitely a "background music" type for me, but thats not a bad thing.

I then switched to the normal Alternative station and heard a band called Metric. It has a chick lead singer, but I really like it. Its kind of like The Cardigans with an edge. "Help, Im Alive" is a badass song, I really like it.

Monsters of Folk is kind of a "supergroup" with Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes, and M. Ward. Their 'regular' bands are all good too.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
Monsters of Folk is kind of a "supergroup" with Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis of Bright Eyes, and M. Ward. Their 'regular' bands are all good too.

Its really interesting, the music flexes from folk to "garage-sound" rock. I dont know why, but when I hear it I think Supertramp

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
So I saw this video for "Bulletproof" by La Roux which I am kind of in love with. But she looks really weird in the video, like a tranny Conan O'Brien who's dead on the inside.

Ah, the President of Finland.

Them Crooked Vultures released their first single today:

All I can say is that I can't wait for the album to be released. It doesn't get much better than Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones in the same band.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Them Crooked Vultures released their first single today:

All I can say is that I can't wait for the album to be released. It doesn't get much better than Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones in the same band.

Hey, I like that. From the little bit of QOTSA I've encountered, I can hear that coming through, and Grohl sounds like he's having fun banging it out. As always, John Paul Jones is understated on bass. Hopefully there aill be some album cuts that let him shine on keyboards.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Hey, I like that. From the little bit of QOTSA I've encountered, I can hear that coming through, and Grohl sounds like he's having fun banging it out. As always, John Paul Jones is understated on bass. Hopefully there aill be some album cuts that let him shine on keyboards.

I've really gotten into QotSA (and the various side projects) in the last few months, so I'm fairly excited for this album. This single seems pretty poppy compared to some of their live stuff that's on YouTube, which makes sense since it's their first single. I can only imagine there are going to be some tracks where Grohl's drumming is more featured (ala Songs for the Deaf), which I personally can't wait for. I'm not so sure if John Paul Jones is going to be on the keyboard at all, but I've heard that he's played the citar in some of their live shows. Hopefully that makes an appearance on the album.

It's been a long time since I've actually preordered an album, but I'm certainly going to be doing that with this one.