Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)
New Weezer album release date is October 27. Lets hope they can recreate the genius that their first two albums possessed.

Didn't realize they were doing another quite so soon. The Red Album was better than Make Believe, but that wasn't exactly hard to top, and still nowhere near the Blue Album or Pinkerton.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realize they were doing another quite so soon. The Red Album was better than Make Believe, but that wasn't exactly hard to top, and still nowhere near the Blue Album or Pinkerton.

Yeah, the Red Album was better than Make Believe. It was still plagued by s*** like "thought i knew" and "cold dark world" though. Us Weezer fans have realized the sad truth that they will never come close to Pinkerton or the Blue Album again. Those albums are unbelievable.

Edited by son of a rude

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
I only went back through the last two pages, and didn't see anything, so I'm still not sure if it was mentioned or not. Has anyone heard this new supergroup Them Crooked Vultures? Josh Homme from Oueens of the Stone age is on vocals, with Dave Grohl on drums and John Paul Jones on bass. Certainly sounds interesting.

I just went from 6 to noon.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:57 AM)
Yeah, the Red Album was better than Make Believe. It was still plagued by s*** like "thought i knew" and "cold dark world" though. Us Weezer fans have realized the sad truth that they will never come close to Pinkerton or the Blue Album again. Those albums are unbelievable.

This is a pretty common thought with any band. the earliest stuff is always the best. I used to be a huge 311 fan, but their new stuff is just unlistenable to me. Music-GrassRoots-311-Transistor is just a really hard thing for them to find again.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
I only went back through the last two pages, and didn't see anything, so I'm still not sure if it was mentioned or not. Has anyone heard this new supergroup Them Crooked Vultures? Josh Homme from Oueens of the Stone age is on vocals, with Dave Grohl on drums and John Paul Jones on bass. Certainly sounds interesting.

Keep hearing about them, but have yet to hear anything by them. I can't find it anywhere. They played Metro a few days ago.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)

Jim DeRogatis loves them, so that worries me.

He never seems to like very much stuff that I do.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)
New Weezer album release date is October 27. Lets hope they can recreate the genius that their first two albums possessed.

I believe that much like Bob Dylan, Rivers Cuomo died in a motorcycle accident after Pinkerton and was replaced by a less talented replicant thereafter.

I believe that much like Bob Dylan, Rivers Cuomo died in a motorcycle accident after Pinkerton and was replaced by a less talented replicant thereafter.

I'm not sure if you have listened to any of Rivers' solo albums, but they are pretty damn good. It is a compilation of his old demos. His solo albums are a lot better than the junk they are putting out now.

It is sad to see what weezer has become. It's not that they sold out or anything, (although, i think it's time they say "f*** it" and just name their next album Big Mac or something) they are just not good anymore. Pinkerton and The Blue Album are amazing. They are up there with the best beatles records for me. They are flawless. Then they release garbage like this.

raditude.png

No, this isn't a joke. That's their next album.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 03:17 AM)
This is a pretty common thought with any band. the earliest stuff is always the best. I used to be a huge 311 fan, but their new stuff is just unlistenable to me. Music-GrassRoots-311-Transistor is just a really hard thing for them to find again.

I disagree. It's only true when it's true, some people just run out of ideas.

Should be noted that Matt Sharp left after pinkerton, then the bass driven songs gave way to crappy pop guitar and rap lyrics. Rivers is a joke.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
Is 'It Might Get Loud' playing anywhere near you guys? Came out on the 12th in limited theaters, but where the hell is it playing??

I CANNOT wait to see it.

It is only in LA and NY right now.

These are the release dates for other cities:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/itmightgetloud/dates.html

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Flaxx I've been listening to electric warrior quite a bit recently.

Old school T. Rex?? Very nice. I particularly like the Phloe and Eddie vocal support on that album, to go along with Marc Bolan's general greatness.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
They are not, unless the "The" makes all the difference.

Iron Maiden's original vocalist fronted a band called Killers for a while.

I'm sure 'The' makes a difference if another band were to try to sue them. Pretty amazing that no one was 'The Killers' before them.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm sure 'The' makes a difference if another band were to try to sue them. Pretty amazing that no one was 'The Killers' before them.

I agree, you'd think it would have been used before.