Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
I really wish someone on here loved Chevelle as much as me. Their new cd really is their best. You all need to check it out, "Sci-Fi Crimes"

Sonik I am gonna have to go buy it because you have been talking about them for a while. I guess I will have to get back into some harder rock then.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Sonik I am gonna have to go buy it because you have been talking about them for a while. I guess I will have to get back into some harder rock then.

Hell yeah! It really is a great cd, let me know what you think.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
I really wish someone on here loved Chevelle as much as me. Their new cd really is their best. You all need to check it out, "Sci-Fi Crimes"

I was a Chevelle fan about 10 years ago, maybe longer. I saw them open for Local H at a small bar in Chicago. I think they'd just put out an EP and they might not have even been 21 years old at the time. I followed their next two records, then it kinda started soudning the same. I'll have to check out the new stuff.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Mash up doesn't count either. That's just playing two similar records on top of one another, right?

Some DJ's do it that way. I have both albums (I haven't listened to either, so this is just going from what I've heard.) But him & Travis use more of the live instrumentation into their mash-ups.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
Somehow I completely missed Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and John Paul Jones forming a band. Their first show was at the Metro last month.

Tony posted about this earlier. But I thought it was in the making and they didnt make an album yet.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Mash up doesn't count either. That's just playing two similar records on top of one another, right?

It's a bit more involved than that. He's not the kind of DJ you pay a few hundred bucks to work your wedding or bar mitzvah. This is him in action, you don't get to be house DJ at the Palms for nothing

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
I was a Chevelle fan about 10 years ago, maybe longer. I saw them open for Local H at a small bar in Chicago. I think they'd just put out an EP and they might not have even been 21 years old at the time. I followed their next two records, then it kinda started soudning the same. I'll have to check out the new stuff.

I believe I saw the same tour you did, when Local H came down to Carbondale, Chevelle blew the roof off. I think they toured with a third band called Big Ass Truck.

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
I believe I saw the same tour you did, when Local H came down to Carbondale, Chevelle blew the roof off. I think they toured with a third band called Big Ass Truck.

I don't remember BAT being on that bill, but maybe they were. I wish I could remember the name of the bar, it's no longer there, but it was near The Elbo Room. I thought Chevelle was kind of awkward, very quiet between songs, but they were a new band with young members and they were the opener for a really hot band at the time. Makes for a tough show.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
I don't remember BAT being on that bill, but maybe they were. I wish I could remember the name of the bar, it's no longer there, but it was near The Elbo Room. I thought Chevelle was kind of awkward, very quiet between songs, but they were a new band with young members and they were the opener for a really hot band at the time. Makes for a tough show.

IIRC it was a show very near Halloween. I saw Local H in Carbondale over 5 times, so it wasnt too out of the ordinary, but the lead singer came out dressed ina full gorilla suit and played the entire show with it on. I was uncomfortable just watching him play in that suit, he had to of been on fire.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
IIRC it was a show very near Halloween. I saw Local H in Carbondale over 5 times, so it wasnt too out of the ordinary, but the lead singer came out dressed ina full gorilla suit and played the entire show with it on. I was uncomfortable just watching him play in that suit, he had to of been on fire.

lol. yeah, that's Gil, they're roadie who would join them onstage regularly.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
Listened to about half of Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 and like what I've heard so far. I'd give it a 'B' as of right now.

Album of the year thus far. This & The Blueprint 3 have been the only albums I've bought this year.

Also, a good quality of the Kid Cudi album leaked today. I was pleasantly surprised.