Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Anyone listen to the Dead Weather? Just listened to Horehound last night, and it's pretty good. I generally enjoy most of Jack White's projects and this is no different. Feels a lot like the White Stripes, but I really like the vocalist (Alison Mosshart). I definitely suggest it to anyone who enjoys White's various other projects.

Similar in quality to The Raconteurs?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
Similar in quality to The Raconteurs?

I like their sound more than the Raconteurs, but I've only listened to Broken Boy Soldiers. Give these a listen if you're interested:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)
im really enjoying Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

I need to get that. I couldnt remember their name when I was buying music the other day. Thank you Kyle, you are the greatest human being that ever existed.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 07:00 AM)
I need to get that. I couldnt remember their name when I was buying music the other day. Thank you Kyle, you are the greatest human being that ever existed.

im flattered!

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 08:23 AM)
I like their sound more than the Raconteurs, but I've only listened to Broken Boy Soldiers. Give these a listen if you're interested:

The second Raconteurs album is better than the first and the quality is a couple notches higher than The Dead Weather in my opinion.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
I met these guys last night at work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_City_Soundtrack

Gave them an extra pizza that I had while they were playing cards in my hotel lobby.

Never really heard of them.

They are actually pretty good, with a melodic pop/punk sound. They just released another album, I need to pick it up.

I just may have to be "the old guy" at this year's Warped Tour.

Among the bands performing at the Tinley Park stop this year:

Reel Big Fish

Flatfoot 56

Riverboat Gamblers

Andrew WK

The Casualties

and my main reason to attend:

Face To Face!

I have been waiting patiently for them to come back to Chicago since they reformed.

They're so damn good!!

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
Critic, check out the band 'Dear Landlord', they loosely remind me of Face To Face. It is fun and gritty pop-punk. Here's a link to the album: http://www.mediafire.com/?yozjzgn4nym

Thanks, 3E8, grabbing it now. I'll follow up when I give it a listen - probably won't be today (I have my daughter's birthday party) but I'll definitely give it a spin this weekend.