Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
If you guys get a chance can you check out this link and watch the video, its Avenged Sevenfolds new song Almost Easy.. They said that if it gets to 150,000 views within 24 hours they'll release a never before seen live version of the song and ide really like to see that.. I don't even think you have to watch the video if you dont want to, I just want to get the view added to it

Its on youtube, so its no weird tricky link... here it is

"Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold

Im an A7X fan, but I gotta say that song aint nothing special, kinda "whatever". It's lacking that super catchy A7X chorus that they do so well...

On the other hand I cant wait for some new Dillinger Escape Plan (Ironic as they DO NOT LIKE the fella's in Avenged Sevenfold haha)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
Be sure to give us a Cornell review. I saw Soundgarden many years ago and have never again had the pleasure if listening to him live.

yes

And make sure he does Billie Jean. I still remember hearing that cover and not realizing it was THAT Billie Jean until he did the chorus, and I freaked out (cuz MJ was good pre-whacko days).

(Willis Alan Ramsey)

Muskrat, Muskrat, candle light

Doin' the town and doin' it right in the evenin'

It's pretty pleasin'

Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam

Do the jitterbug at a Muskrat Land

And they shimmy, Sam is so skinny

And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Singin' and jinglin' a jangle

Float like the heavens above

Looks like Muskrat Love

Nibblin' on bacon

Chewin' on cheese

Sam says to Suzie

Honey, would you please be my Mrs

Suzie says, yes, with her kisses

Now, he's ticklin' her fancy

Rubbin' her toes

Muzzle to muzzle

Now anything goes as they wriggle

Sue starts to giggle

And they whirled and they twirled and they tango

Singin' and jinglin' a jangle

Floatin' like the heavens above

Looks like muskrat love

:lolhitting My vote for worst popular song of all time.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 04:27 AM)
yes

And make sure he does Billie Jean. I still remember hearing that cover and not realizing it was THAT Billie Jean until he did the chorus, and I freaked out (cuz MJ was good pre-whacko days).

I'm really looking forward to the Cornell show. Its been said that on this tour, his sets have been running 2.5 to 3 hours long, something I surely won't mind one bit!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
I don't know, I've always been partial to "Afternoon Delight". I just LOVE how bad that song is, sound effects and all.

Both would be great songs to play on midnight at the oasis, especially if you left the cake out in the rain.

Since there is no thread about it, I was wondering what Soxtalk thought about T.I. getting busted with an arsenal fit for a 3rd world militia? When you are an ex-con who is actually making something of himself, what is the point of aqcuiring and assembling a gun collection like this that can more or less bring you down? Hobby? Paranoia? Image?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
Since there is no thread about it, I was wondering what Soxtalk thought about T.I. getting busted with an arsenal fit for a 3rd world militia? When you are an ex-con who is actually making something of himself, what is the point of aqcuiring and assembling a gun collection like this that can more or less bring you down? Hobby? Paranoia? Image?

He's just an idiot.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 07:39 AM)

Stupidity would be my guess.

I made two purchases today ...yes I still buy CDs. Something old and something less old.

'Styx Greatest Hits'. :lolhitting Seriously, what a great voice, even among all the cheesy power chords, wanky solos and noodly keyboards, the vocals stand out. Styx with average vocals would have flat out sucked.

'A Band Of Horses'. I feel like I'm listeneing to two great, great tracks over and over. I like it a lot, I just wonder how much replay value it's gonna have.

This thread is losing steam lately. What's new and interesting??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
This thread is losing steam lately. What's new and interesting??

I was thinking the same thing.I pretty much exclusively come to sox talk for this thread and it has lust its luster the past couple months.

today was the first day i had a good music listening experience in a long time. I listened to modest mouse's new'ne and liked it for the first time since nabbing it. Listened to Les Savy Fav's lets stay friends, Radioheads and Illinoise, then I listened to Diplo's essential mix and MIA's kala.