Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded First Wave Hello "The Lord & Its Penguin" and I love every minute of it. I saw them open for Ken Andrews(and play the dual role of his backup band) at the double door twice this year, and really liked their sound. The album is really good

Weird thought

So, at the gym today one of Gwen Stefani's videos was playing. You know, the one that's basically 'My Humps' with different lyrics. Anyway, I remembered that she's married to Gavin Rossdale off Bush. Do you think they talk shop at home? Does she come home all geeked up and go: "Honey, honey listen to what I've been working on in the studio for the past month!" and then she plays that bulls*** for him and he has to sit there and say: "wow, um, yeah, well, it's um, yeah uh, it's exciting stuff Baby"

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 14, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
Weird thought

So, at the gym today one of Gwen Stefani's videos was playing. You know, the one that's basically 'My Humps' with different lyrics. Anyway, I remembered that she's married to Gavin Rossdale off Bush. Do you think they talk shop at home? Does she come home all geeked up and go: "Honey, honey listen to what I've been working on in the studio for the past month!" and then she plays that bulls*** for him and he has to sit there and say: "wow, um, yeah, well, it's um, yeah uh, it's exciting stuff Baby"

He probably thinks "I wish I still had a career."

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
Bush might not be as big as before, but Rossdale is not hurting. I forgot the names of his side projects, but they're doing ok.

Well, all you really need is a couple of hits (or one massive one) and you are set. It's like winning the lottery. I'm sure Gavin is doing O.K., but there is no doubt ( :lolhitting I crack myself up) who is the bread winner in that household.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 09:52 AM)
Well, all you really need is a couple of hits (or one massive one) and you are set. It's like winning the lottery. I'm sure Gavin is doing O.K., but there is no doubt ( :lolhitting I crack myself up) who is the bread winner in that household.

and he's got a kid to watch now that Gwen's running around the world.

Gavin is definately not hurting for himself, I'm sure.

Plus it helps to make your money in the UK right now, with the exchange rate and all...

I think its:

1 million US dollars = 47 pence UK or something close to that.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
In a perfect world, Growing On Me by The Darkness would have been such a huge hit.

I just saw the video for it on a video podcast and it reminded me of just how great that song is.

I didn't want to like The Darkness, but there is some solid music behind all the schtik.

I'm really into the MC5 lately. Any fans?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 22, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)
I didn't want to like The Darkness, but there is some solid music behind all the schtik.

I'm really into the MC5 lately. Any fans?

The yodeling really was a double-edged sword for The Darkness. They probably wouldn't have gotten noticed as much without it, but it was by far the worst thing about the band.

I read on another board I visit that after Justin Hawkins left the band, the rest of the band is carrying on, calling themselves Stone Gods. The bassist is now the vocalist, they got a new bassist, and I'm not too impressed by the song on their website. Kind of bland.

I'm not really into the MC5. Given the kind of bands I like, I thought I would be, but they just don't do it for me.

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot died yesterday at the age of 52.

No details yet, just that he was found dead in his home on Sunday.

This message was on QR drummer Frankie Banali's website:

I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow.

RIP Kevin.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
New Wu-Tang album leaked to the internet on Saturday morning, after a couple of listens i'd give it a 8.75/10. RZA didn't do too bad of a job trying to recreate their early sound.

I've heard a few of the songs, they sound pretty decent. I heard the tribute to ODB, it's very well done.

In prep of 8 Diagrams, I've been listening to a lot of Fishscale (Ghostface) and Enter the Wutang. Gosh damn those are some phenomenal CDs. I might honestly be more excited for Ghostface's new album than I am for Wutang's.