Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Funny, I just got done reading an interview with him in Esquire mag where he mentions that he's been keeping a low prof.

Apparently when his buddy was gunned down a few years ago (Proof, I think), it hit him extremely hard. The album is supposed to drop in the next couple of months(it was supposed to be December 08 but got pushed back)

I am pretty sure you can hear a single off of it already online

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
Apparently when his buddy was gunned down a few years ago (Proof, I think), it hit him extremely hard. The album is supposed to drop in the next couple of months(it was supposed to be December 08 but got pushed back)

I am pretty sure you can hear a single off of it already online

Is it true he goes back to his glory days and sounds like a mix of Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets???

;)

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
Is it true he goes back to his glory days and sounds like a mix of Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets???

;)

Metallica jokes with me fall on deaf ears. I have been done with them since I was forced to sit through the billions of hillbilly requests on saturday nights(Yay metallica meltdown at 10 PM!) for the same songs because they had SO MUCH MEANING for a guy who was sitting in his car at the end of the deadend street with his buddies drinking beer........every weekend. And if you think that story was just made up, it wasnt.

Plus the Napster uprising by Lars just left a bad taste in my mouth. they can make music that everyone refers to as the best metallica music ever and I wont be interested in it one bit. I turn the radio off when I hear their stuff come on anymore, its really that bad now

2009 already shaping up to be a good year, got new s*** from the following (that I of course am interested in):

Manchester Orchestra

Coconut Records

Silversun Pickups

Eminem

Green Day

Thursday

Every Time I Die

Possibly some Jimmy Eat World...

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
Though a kidney is probably the easiest and most common transplant, I will say that a transplant relies on other people, and not enough people in this world have their heads out of their asses and donate their organs.

Speaking of reclusive music folks, whatever happened to Eminem? Can't stand the guy, but his complete vanishing act is pretty darn tooting interesting.

Also...whatever happened with the Van Halen tour? They canceled it for mysterious reasons, and that was that. Nothing has been heard since then, and the official site still reads at the middle of the tour. Nothing about a cancellation or anything.

They didn't cancel the tour, they rescheduled (maybe cancelled?) some dates so Eddie could do a stint at rehab. I was at one of the last few shows of the tour. If they do another one I would recommend seeing it because they can still rock

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
2009 already shaping up to be a good year, got new s*** from the following (that I of course am interested in):

Manchester Orchestra

Coconut Records

Silversun Pickups

Eminem

Green Day

Thursday

Every Time I Die

Possibly some Jimmy Eat World...

I cant wait for that and I really want to see them live when the come to Chicago this time around.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
I cant wait for that and I really want to see them live when the come to Chicago this time around.

You know the video for their song Lazy Eye is really hard to tell, I always thought that the lead singer sounds like a female, and in the video it looks like a guy with a beard singing, but there is girl in the band. So who is the lead singer? The girl? Or does the guy have a high pitched female-like voice?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 08:46 AM)
You know the video for their song Lazy Eye is really hard to tell, I always thought that the lead singer sounds like a female, and in the video it looks like a guy with a beard singing, but there is girl in the band. So who is the lead singer? The girl? Or does the guy have a high pitched female-like voice?

Its a guy singing with a weird voice. The chick is the bassist (which I always find to be hot when a girl plays base).

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:30 AM)
Billy Corgan had to have tapped that a time or two.

You think? I dont know, BC is a pretty hideous dude, I would hope she would be up for the cooler ugly lead singer she worked with, Maynard James Keenan

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
You think? I dont know, BC is a pretty hideous dude, I would hope she would be up for the cooler ugly lead singer she worked with, Maynard James Keenan

LOL,except for the fact that he is openly gay.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:00 AM)
Not true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maynard_James_Keenan

A good portion of A Perfect Circle's first album is about a woman he was in love with

I read somewhere years ago that all the band members of Tool were gay so I have always thought it as true. I was telling someone about it and he was like,Oh yeah you didnt know that? So I guess I will stop telling people that they are gay.lol

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
I read somewhere years ago that all the band members of Tool were gay so I have always thought it as true. I was telling someone about it and he was like,Oh yeah you didnt know that? So I guess I will stop telling people that they are gay.lol

There was a lot of that going around after their first album, but it was all rumor. Im sure Keenan spreads a lot of rumors about himself and TOOL though, he likes to mess with people and keep his low profile at the same time.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
Can someone recommend a small, live music (rock, indie rock) venue in Phoenix?

I swear Leonard Zelig was out there for a little while, but I might be wrong. You might want to PM him to ask

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 04:45 AM)
My New Favorite Band:

Bringing the Heavy + Bringing the Funny + Cute Girl in Glasses as your singer who can SCREAM = Awesomeness...

There are a whole bunch of these bands showing up now. It's kind of funny how it is now becoming kind of cool to like these bands, when in all reality they sound exactly the same as Black Metal has sounded for years, yet if you package it looking like this people are drawn to it.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
There are a whole bunch of these bands showing up now. It's kind of funny how it is now becoming kind of cool to like these bands, when in all reality they sound exactly the same as Black Metal has sounded for years, yet if you package it looking like this people are drawn to it.

That's cause it's kinda boring looking at 5 swedish guys who look almost eerily alike. Hair just past shoulder length, parted down the middle, the goatie where it's just hanging off your chin about 4-5 inches long, black t-shirts, pale, expressionless face. Or, worse the guys with make-up and spiked arms bands who sing about vikings and s***....