Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
God, I feel older every day

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61966064

It's not a huge accomplishment to make the R & R HOF. Everyone makes it eventually.

I recently found out that both Queens Of The Stone Age and Eagles Of Death Metal are from this area. That might not sound like a huge deal, but it's amazing when you consider there is NO music scene here, none.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2009 -> 12:47 PM)
How the hell did The Stooges not make the rock n roll hall of fame. I know its a joke, but come on.

That goes for the MC5 as well. Those two bands can't get in but Madonna can.

Not enough records. If a band hangs around and stays together long enough, they eventually get in.

I'm not a Bob Seger fan, have always written him off as a joke, but the last few times I've listened to 'Hollywood Nights', I've been completely blown away. What an amazing song.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
I've listened to Love Song by Taylor Swift over 10 times today

Is that wrong

Unless it's audio shrapnel from your 9-year-old playing it over and over and over and over (not that I'd know anything about THAT), then yes, it's very, very wrong.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
Unless it's audio shrapnel from your 9-year-old playing it over and over and over and over (not that I'd know anything about THAT), then yes, it's very, very wrong.

my eight year old is going all Jonas Brothers on me. i think it could be worse, but i dont know how

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
my eight year old is going all Jonas Brothers on me. i think it could be worse, but i dont know how

Oh, I get Jonas Brothers damage, too, along with Miley Cyrus and all the other Disneyites.

I keep telling myself "well, she's into music, maybe the music will get better".

I know it won't, though.... :(

:D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
Oh, I get Jonas Brothers damage, too, along with Miley Cyrus and all the other Disneyites.

I keep telling myself "well, she's into music, maybe the music will get better".

I know it won't, though.... :(

:D

Do your kids paint your minivan windows, "WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE JONAS BROTHERS TONIGHT!!!!WOOOOOOO!!!!!OMG"! ? There was so much of that s*** going on when they were in town.lol

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
Do your kids paint your minivan windows, "WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE JONAS BROTHERS TONIGHT!!!!WOOOOOOO!!!!!OMG"! ? There was so much of that s*** going on when they were in town.lol

Luckily I'm not at that point just yet.

The only concerts she's ever seen were the Wiggles when she was like 4 or 5 years old, and Corbin Bleu at a fair in Wisconsin last summer.

I know it's coming, though - she has asked to see the "JoBros" when they come back to Chicago.

We don't have a minivan, but our cars have windows so those windows may get painted.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)

Are you kidding? It costs an arm and a leg to take a kid to a show like that. She gets the free disney concerts on comcast and the cds, no shows right

Jonas Brothers are probably the least of all the Kiddie Rock evils. They do have some decent material and are more than capable of someday becoming a VERY good band. Let the fluffiness fade and they will be O.K.. Somebody give 'em some booze and they will turn out fine.

That being said, this band sent me a CD today for review:

www.myspace.com/ohnonotstereo

These guys are pretty friggin' good. GREAT musicianship and some VERY solid song writing!

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)
I'm not into music at all.

I used to really like the band Grandaddy.

Any suggestions?

I was a big fan of Grandaddy. You might like another band that doesn't exist any more called Pedro the Lion. Check out the album Control.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

Working at getting into OF Montreal. I like some of what i've heard so far but i hear it only gets more bizzare as they go on. Their live shows sound completley nuts.

Kevin Barnes is extremely comfortable with his sexuality. He's actually married fyi.

Get that EP of outtakes from Hissing Fauna.., it's actually pretty good.

their live shows really aren't that nuts. I mean, yeah Kevin Barnes may still be in that naked stage, but like the rest of the band is just standing at their instruments and Barnes costume changing can get pretty annoying.