Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 05:23 AM)
What is really sad is there are a ton of young people watching the show tonight, wondering who the hell Robert Plant is, and why did he just win an award.

why the hell did he win an award? Making a bunch of bland spoon full of sugar bulls*** grammy songs. Here's everything you need to know about the grammys - if steely dan made an album they'd sweep them.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
What's really sad is there are a ton of young people watching the show tonight, wondering who the hell Robert Plant is, and why did he just win an award.

He was the one lucky enough to sing with Alison Krauss, right?

So Chris Brown beat the s*** out of Rhianna? Not a smart move.

IMO, the kid (both of them actually) is/are too young for his/her own fame. That really sucks for him, could definitely put a huge dent on his career and with the media. I don't care how much a female pisses you off, or hits you, whatever. You never, EVER hit a woman.

Saw this in an article about companies that might fold in '09.

Sirius Satellite Radio. (SIRI - parent company; about 1,000 employees; stock down 96%). The music rocks, but satellite radio has yet to be profitable, and huge contracts for performers like Howard Stern are looking unsustainable. Sirius is one of two satellite-radio services owned by parent company Sirius XM, which was formed when Sirius and XM merged last year. So far, the merger hasn't generated the savings needed to make the company profitable, and Moody's thinks there's a "high likelihood" that Sirius will fail to repay or refinance its debt in 2009. One outcome could be a takeover, at distressed prices, by other firms active in the satellite business.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
IMO, the kid (both of them actually) is/are too young for his/her own fame. That really sucks for him, could definitely put a huge dent on his career and with the media. I don't care how much a female pisses you off, or hits you, whatever. You never, EVER hit a woman.

Agreed. 100% The rumor is that he hit her over the news that she gave him herpes. Still, you dump the girl & keep it moving. He's got too much riding on his career to do something stupid like this.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
Agreed. 100% The rumor is that he hit her over the news that she gave him herpes. Still, you dump the girl & keep it moving. He's got too much riding on his career to do something stupid like this.

I bet that's bulls***. Blame the f***ing victim bulls***. Throw this kid in jail and have him raped. How's aids sound?

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
I bet that's bulls***. Blame the f***ing victim bulls***. Throw this kid in jail and have him raped. How's aids sound?

I wasn't blaming Rhianna at all, he definitely shouldn't of laid hands on her. He forgot that he was Chris Brown superstar and not Chris Brown some dude from Virginia.

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
I wasn't blaming Rhianna at all, he definitely shouldn't of laid hands on her. He forgot that he was Chris Brown superstar and not Chris Brown some dude from Virginia.

it would be unacceptable in either description.

Green Day's new album is gonna be called "21st Century Breakdown" and being released in May.

Can't Wait. They were the first band I ever got in to, and I still love them today...

EDIT: Here's the album cover:

21st_Century_Breakdown_Album_Cover.jpg

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 11:25 PM)
why the hell did he win an award? Making a bunch of bland spoon full of sugar bulls*** grammy songs. Here's everything you need to know about the grammys - if steely dan made an album they'd sweep them.

Well, when they released Two Against Nature in 2000, it netted them four Grammys, including Album of the Year (One of the rare years where the judges got it right).So, yeah, amazing job predicting the past. :D

Two Against Nature was quite a solid album, as was the followup release.