Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting into some of the Post-Oasis Brit punk scene started with The Libertines, moved to BabyShambles, now on Dirty Pretty Things. It's fascinating that a guy like Pete Doherty is huge over there (in an Amy Winehouse fashion), but it's get no publicity except for his whole Kate Moss thing. Regardless, he makes good music, and I’m not even into punk.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 12:00 AM)
I'm getting into some of the Post-Oasis Brit punk scene started with The Libertines, moved to BabyShambles, now on Dirty Pretty Things. It's fascinating that a guy like Pete Doherty is huge over there (in an Amy Winehouse fashion), but it's get no publicity except for his whole Kate Moss thing. Regardless, he makes good music, and I’m not even into punk.

I liked the first solo stuff he did after the libertines, but babyshambles I really didn't like.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
I liked the first solo stuff he did after the libertines, but babyshambles I really didn't like.

Agreed, their's a clear contrast in quality between his Pre-and-Post Carl Borat songwriting days. Although Delivery and F%^%K Forever are very good songs. I think he still has more hits in him, just gotta hope he lives long enough to write them.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 02:56 AM)
Does anyone ever listen to Alice Cooper's late night radio show? I'm not sure if it's on nationally, but it's just a good mix of rock n roll music.

iTunes has clips occasionally, but hasn't seemed to update in a really long time.

I'd love to hear it, I think Alice is a really interesting guy.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)
iTunes has clips occasionally, but hasn't seemed to update in a really long time.

I'd love to hear it, I think Alice is a really interesting guy.

Interesting, bright and his muscial tastes are all over the place. He plays whatever he wants on that show, that's a great job.

Alice Cooper was on Anthony Bourdains show on the travel channel and they did a segment on his restaurant he owns along with Randy Johnson. I thought that was a pretty strange business combination. I think it is located in New Mexico IIRC.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
Alice Cooper was on Anthony Bourdains show on the travel channel and they did a segment on his restaurant he owns along with Randy Johnson. I thought that was a pretty strange business combination. I think it is located in New Mexico IIRC.

I think Cooper owns a bar and grill in Phoenix too.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
I think Cooper owns a bar and grill in Phoenix too.

Yep. Cooper'stown.

I was there once, saw the DeLaHoya/Vargas fight there in '02.

Nothing too out of the ordinary, but a nice place - very spacious, lots of rock memorabilia and a nice patio area.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Yep. Cooper'stown.

I was there once, saw the DeLaHoya/Vargas fight there in '02.

Nothing too out of the ordinary, but a nice place - very spacious, lots of rock memorabilia and a nice patio area.

OK,thats the place then. I thought it was in a more weird location than that. They have a foot long hotdog their called "The Big Unit",after Randy Johnson co-owner obviously.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
OK,thats the place then. I thought it was in a more weird location than that. They have a foot long hotdog their called "The Big Unit",after Randy Johnson co-owner obviously.

If I worked there, I'd giggle every time a guy ordered "the foot long, big unit". I'm just too immature for that kind of stuff.

Anyway, didn't Cooper live at Lake Point Towers at some point?

This thread has been quiet lately, has the R n R washed up?

Went and saw Jimmy Eat World live at Terminal 5 in New York last night.

It was officially 10 years to the day Clarity came out. They played al the songs from that, and then added a few older songs (e.g The Middle, Sweetness) and a couple of their newer ones (Work and Pain (not 23 unfortunately)) at the end.

Was a good show, although I think the crowd was definitely more into their faster, heavier stuff throughout the night.