Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
Alright it's 6 months into 2009, lets see some Albums of the Year at the mid-way point...

1. Manchester Orchestra - "Mean Everything to Nothing"

2. Silversun Pickups - "Swoon"

3. Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

4. Thursday - Common Existence

5. dredg - "The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion"

Still looking forward to:

fun. - "Aim and Ignite"

Every Time I Die - "New Junk Aesthetic"

Poison the Well - "The Tropic Rot"

Say Anything - S/T

Muse - The Resistence

And Hopefully New Jimmy Eat World, Angels & Airwaves, and Thrice

and the RockPaperScissors album - don't forget that! ;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
For any Faith No More fans out there, this was the setlist they played in the UK the other night:

Reunited (Peach & Herb cover)

The Real Thing

From Out Of Nowhere

Land Of Sunshine

Caffeine

Evidence

Chinese Arithmetic

Surprise! You’re Dead!

Easy

Last Cup Of Sorrow

Midlife Crisis

Cockoo For Caca

The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies

RX

King For A Day

Malpractice

Jizzlobber

Be Aggressive

Epic

Mark Bowen

Encore 1

Chariots Of Fire/Stripsearch

Just A Man

Encore 2

I Started A Joke

Pristina

Yeeeeeeeeah, that's cream worthy right there. Please come and do a US tour......

What, no War Pigs? pffffffft

I love that they played Easy

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
Psssst.... *whispering* Iron and Wine, why are we whispering? I really dig your music I just wish you didnt sing like you are scared someone will hear it.

This is heresy to some, but I hate his cover of Such Great Heights. It just saps all the energy out of a pretty upbeat song. I much prefer the original, or even the Ben Fold’s cover.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
This is heresy to some, but I hate his cover of Such Great Heights. It just saps all the energy out of a pretty upbeat song. I much prefer the original, or even the Ben Fold’s cover.

I think that was the point of him doing it. Having it sung in the exact opposite tone of what it was written for.

Anybody see the trailer for this film:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/453778/It-...t-Loud/trailers

It's called It's Going To Get Loud In Here and is Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White hanging out and talking tunes and playing together. I'm not a big fan of any of them, but the movie looks like an absolute must see for anybody who is into music at all. One of the most fascinating trailers I think I have ever seen. Shivers actually running down the spine with this one.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
I am late getting into them but I really like the Eagles of Death Metal. Is there anyone in that band that has been in the Foo Fighters or Queens of the Stone Age cause it feels like there is.

drummer for Eagles is Josh Homme of QOTSA.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
drummer for Eagles is Josh Homme of QOTSA.

No s***? I dont think my musical ear is THAT good so that might of been a coincidence that I thought there was any connection.

Tom Morello's new band f***ing blows. The dude he has rappin is god awful and has no flow whatsoever . De LaRocha is all you got man GET ANOTHER f***ING RAGE ALBUM OUT BEFORE YOU GUYS ARE FORGOTTEN! If it isnt too late already really.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
Tom Morello's new band f***ing blows. The dude he has rappin is god awful and has no flow whatsoever . De LaRocha is all you got man GET ANOTHER f***ING RAGE ALBUM OUT BEFORE YOU GUYS ARE FORGOTTEN! If it isnt too late already really.

RaTM toured last year, they arent forgotten. From what I am told they blew the roof off of Lollapalooza

But I agree, we need a new album.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 08:34 AM)
Anybody see the trailer for this film:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/453778/It-...t-Loud/trailers

It's called It's Going To Get Loud In Here and is Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White hanging out and talking tunes and playing together. I'm not a big fan of any of them, but the movie looks like an absolute must see for anybody who is into music at all. One of the most fascinating trailers I think I have ever seen. Shivers actually running down the spine with this one.

Yeah, that looks like it will be really enjoyable. Something I'll only be able to watch on On-Demand cable after my wife has gone to bed because she can't stand music documentaries and I love them.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
RaTM toured last year, they arent forgotten. From what I am told they blew the roof off of Lollapalooza

Yeah I know they killed on Tour but I think the new generation will not connect with them like we did when we were 15 to our 20's.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)

I think Morello just wants the freedom to do crazy guitar and not be overshadowed by a leadsinger like he was in Audioslave. So much of that first album blew because it was the worst parts of Soundgarden with the best parts of RATM hidden in the background.

Paul McCartney tickets for show in Atlanta now bought, I'm excited to say the least.

Good News: Paul Mac in Atlanta, in concert and I'm there!

Bad News: Atlanta, 4 PM, outside show, in August, General Admission...

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
I think Morello just wants the freedom to do crazy guitar and not be overshadowed by a leadsinger like he was in Audioslave. So much of that first album blew because it was the worst parts of Soundgarden with the best parts of RATM hidden in the background.

Do you think that he feels overshadowed by Zach in RaTM? Or do you think this lack of forward movement is Zach only? IIRC they broke up because De La Rocha wanted to protest the Election and the band had a tour planned.

Did anyone see the BET awards? I heard the Jamie Foxx and Tpain performance was sick and then they had Travis Barker come out killing the drums with Jamie Foxx playing the guitar.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
Did anyone see the BET awards? I heard the Jamie Foxx and Tpain performance was sick and then they had Travis Barker come out killing the drums with Jamie Foxx playing the guitar.

That was one of the few parts I actually caught. Good stuff.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
I'm a huge Green Day fan and finally got a chance to give the new album quality listens... I am pleased

It's a good record, but a bit overproduced.

I bet those songs kill live, though - I will find that out on the 13th.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
It's a good record, but a bit overproduced.

I bet those songs kill live, though - I will find that out on the 13th.

Me too. Thank God for presales, I was able to get good seats, I'm too old for GA anymore!