Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any love for Wilco (the Band), (the Album) or (the Song) here? Ever since I heard their music described as "dad rock,"

I've been hesitant to confess my complete adoration.

I think the new album is solid, in that it rocks out more than Sky Blue Sky. Favorite tracks after a couple spins: Wilco (the Song), Bull Black Nova, You Never Know, I'll Fight.

Also just picked up their new concert DVD, "Ashes of American Flags." Looking forward to watching it this weekend.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:01 AM)
Any love for Wilco (the Band), (the Album) or (the Song) here? Ever since I heard their music described as "dad rock,"

I think the new album is solid, in that it rocks out more than Sky Blue Sky. Favorite tracks after a couple spins: Wilco (the Song), Bull Black Nova, You Never Know, I'll Fight.

Also just picked up their new concert DVD, "Ashes of American Flags." Looking forward to watching it this weekend.

Sky Blue Sky had a couple of great moment (Impossible Germany) but overall it was a fairly mundane album to me. I listened to Wilco (The album) a few times online when they released it there, thought it was a good step up, about on par with A Ghost is Born, but still not ridiculously amazing like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot was. Good listen, will be getting it at some point (either X-Mas or when I don't have to worry about missing my rent check next month to take my wife to the doctor).

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)

I saw them two months ago live. I wasn't real familiar with their stuff, but they put on a pretty good show, and a lengthy one at that.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)

'Dad Rock" that's pretty funny. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is solid.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)

I love Wilco. My brother got me into them, but yeah, they're one of my favorite bands. New album is pretty good, i have a slight problem with I'll Fight sounding very much like On and On and On from Sky Blue Sky, with Wilco (The Song) and Deeper Down being the highlights of the album

Edited by Thunderbolt

I'm going sunday. Any body else? I want to see women really bad, i fell in love with their s/t. (it goes without saying I'm excited for the later acts, I just hadn't realized who else was to be there)

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
I saw Green Day at the United Center last night. I normally hate arena shows, but this was pretty good. They had fireworks and played like 24 tunes.

what old songs did they play?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
what old songs did they play?

Longview

Basket Case

She

Brain Stew

Jaded

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Minority

Hitchin' A Ride

A handfull of songs from American Idiot.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
Longview

Basket Case

She

Brain Stew

Jaded

Minority

Hitchin' A Ride

A handful of songs from American Idiot.

Songs I remember from AI:

title track

Holiday

Jesus of Suburbia

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Longview

Basket Case

She

Brain Stew

Jaded

Minority

Hitchin' A Ride

A handfull of songs from American Idiot.

Those are the same ones they played last tour - wish they'd change those up a bit.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
The Dead Weather's album "Horehound" is pretty freaking awesome.

In case you are unaware, this is Jack White's new project.

Saw them on Conan - seemed like a mediocre garage band to me, but whatever.....