Happy St. Patrick's Day

southsideirish71

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
I honestly can't stand corned beef and cabbage.

Worst part of St. Patricks day for me is waking up to the smell of my mom cooking it for her employees and relatives. And if that isn't bad enough, having to move past its left-over contents in the refrigerator is enough to vomit in rage.

Since giving up meat years ago Corned Beef is the only one I really miss and actually crave.

God, corned beef might possibly be my death row meal too.

My sister hates it too though, so I think it's a love/hate food. I'm not really sure there's a middle ground with it at all, because I don't think I've ever heard someone say it's just OK.

shortly after this post, someone will say it's just OK. I can smell it coming

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
God, corned beef might possibly be my death row meal too.

My sister hates it too though, so I think it's a love/hate food. I'm not really sure there's a middle ground with it at all, because I don't think I've ever heard someone say it's just OK.

shortly after this post, someone will say it's just OK. I can smell it coming

Nice, a death row meal pal!!!!!!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm half Irish. :D

I just despise the tradition of cooking that crap. Almost as bad as my dad cooking galumki.

Ditto on the half Irish and feelings about corned beef and cabbage (hell, my dad is from County Kerry and cannot stand CB).

But, I have to disagree on the galumpki (sp?). My mom is 100% Polish and I LOVE it when she makes those tasty things.

Oh and happy-what-would-have-been-your-90th-bday Grampa (a Pole born on St. Joseph's day)! :cheers

I odn't understand you Irish peeps. The ONLY way to have corned beef is on rye with spicy mustard surrounded by cops, firemen, politicos and other city employees at Manny's. THAT'S a death row meal!

And I can't forget the potato pancake.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
I odn't understand you Irish peeps. The ONLY way to have corned beef is on rye with spicy mustard surrounded by cops, firemen, politicos and other city employees at Manny's. THAT'S a death row meal!

And I can't forget the potato pancake.

Perry's has the best corned beef sand in the city. Hands down.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:12 PM)
That sandwich is big enough to feed a family of 4.

You know it. I like the "Mad moscow" which is a combo of corned beef and pastrami with half spicy and half yellow mustard. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
Corned Beef and Cabbage is an Irish-American invention.

And God love 'em for it!! :drink

Love them galumpkis though, and this from someone with no Polish in them. My Irish Grandma lived next door to a Polish woman and they shared recipes, so I got to enjoy lost of good Polish cooking as well growing up.