Today is the Day! (3-18 Thread)

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
1-2 pitch that caught too much of the plate for a guy like Branyan. Truth be told, Danks needs just a litttttle bit of fine tuning, and I'd like to see that in AAA.

Lets look at Danks's MO. He is the youngest at each of the levels he has gone to, he gets touched up a bit at first, then makes an adjustment and then does very well at that level. It kind of makes his overall numbers look not that impressive, but if you do splits he does pretty damn good. I figure the same thing will happen when he comes up. He just needs to hold his own a bit, until he does unlock it and then he should be real good. The talent and the stones are there.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
It's obvious Danks wasn't fooling anyone the second time around with a major league lineup.

That's not very good for his sake.

He was still fooling people but his problem was missed location with his fastball. I was really impressed with Danks today, and I think a half-season at AAA could do him a lot of good.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
It's obvious Danks wasn't fooling anyone the second time around with a major league lineup.

That's not very good for his sake.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....that sounds a lot like another lefty we recently traded to the Cubs.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)

Are you watching the game or are you just saying that cause his overall 'line' looked bad? The ball is carrying today. His changeup was fooling guys all game.

He left a couple of pitches up and got hurt from it, ie that Kouzmanhoff double.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....that sounds a lot like another lefty we recently traded to the Cubs.

Cotts only had one and a half pitches with horrible control and relied on a deceptive delivery. Not the same thing at all with Danks. Danks has the tools but needs a bit of refinement.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
It's hard to do, especially with Farmer and Singleton talking about beer batters, but it sounds like Danks and now Floyd are just missing with these pitches. Doesn't sound like the best strike zone.

I'm watching on MLBtv (as I'm sure others are) -- the strike zone is fine. Danks didn't walk anyone.

Floyd has good movement on his fastball and on his breaking pitches, but he's not finding the zone.

This umpire sucks, and his strikezone is about the size of pea. That shouldn't be an excuse, but damn.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I'm watching on MLBtv (as I'm sure others are) -- the strike zone is fine. Danks didn't walk anyone.

Floyd has good movement on his fastball and on his breaking pitches, but he's not finding the zone.

are you kidding me? This strikezone is horrible. For Wells, Danks, and Floyd

Ah man, I forgot that the Tribe also has Shin-Soo Choo. If I was the Tribe, I'd rather have Choo out in RF then Nixon.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
This umpire sucks, and his strikezone is about the size of pea. That shouldn't be an excuse, but damn.

Ehh -- I'm only watching when the Sox are on defense. Danks didn't seem to have too much problems with the zone -- no walks. I'll concentrate on the zone a bit more this inning.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 01:26 PM)
Lets look at Danks's MO. He is the youngest at each of the levels he has gone to, he gets touched up a bit at first, then makes an adjustment and then does very well at that level. It kind of makes his overall numbers look not that impressive, but if you do splits he does pretty damn good. I figure the same thing will happen when he comes up. He just needs to hold his own a bit, until he does unlock it and then he should be real good. The talent and the stones are there.

that's a great point.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)

Ah man, I forgot that the Tribe also has Shin-Soo Choo. If I was the Tribe, I'd rather have Choo out in RF then Nixon.

The ump has a tight strike zone. There were 3-4 pitches by Danks that were clearly strikes that were not called.