Jose Valentin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We pretty much need a new ss, 2B and cf.

The question is how do we rebuild in those 3 positions?

Any ideas?

I'd be all for bringing up minor leaguers to replace Jose, D'angelo and the stiffs who patrol center for us.

I'd rather lose or be mediocre with new bodies.

I've always been a fan of Jose Valentin since he came over from Milwaukee. I'll defend what he has done for this team in those 3+ years any time. I love the intangibles he brings on the field and to the team, and to be perfectly honest I don't care if you agree with me on that point or not. I know what I have seen from him.

However, I really think Jose's career as a starting SS has just about run it's course. I think he'd a great bench player.

Jim Thome got right around that much.  Are you telling that that Thome=Vlad?

no, of course not, tho to be fair between 95-2002, Thome was probably as big a slugger as there was in AL.

13 sounded like low-balling it, you're right (Giles/Beltran could fit in)....The point is, it probably won't be in the 20-25 range, especially given his disc problem and

all-out style of play. Who knows.

no, of course not, tho to be fair between 95-2002, Thome was probably as big a slugger as there was in AL.

13 sounded like low-balling it, you're right (Giles/Beltran could fit in)....The point is, it probably won't be in the 20-25 range, especially given his disc problem and

I am guessing Vlad gets about 5 years $75 mil. I think Vlad is one of those guys to whom it matters where he plays more than how much he gets paid. I wonder where he lands next year?

I am guessing Vlad gets about 5 years $75 mil. I think Vlad is one of those guys to whom it matters where he plays more than how much he gets paid. I wonder where he lands next year?

Why here, of course.