Terrible NCAA year?

Is it just me, or has this years Big Dance been incredibly boring? There have been no real big upsets, and there isn't a single double digit seed in the Sweet Sixteen. Besides the VCU game and the couple of OT games, there really wasn't even many close games. I don't know if it was the fact that only 6 mid majors made the tournament, or what, but this year has been way too predictable for the high seeds, and that really has my interest at about zero. At one point Saturday I was watching the Bulls instead of the tourney. Anyone else feel the same way?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 07:44 AM)
You missed out big time if you watched something else other than the tourney on Saturday.

The other days weren't exactly things of beauty, but yea, Saturday there were some kickarse games being played.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 09:53 AM)
Even though there hasnt been many upsets, the games have been absolutely awesome, close, last second shots, overtimes, there is no shortage of excitement and drama.

totally. i think it's been an excellent tournament.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 09:54 AM)
ncqq div 1 wreztling finqlz were inzqne zqturdqy, id pick thqt qny dqy

Go Gophers!

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)
I really wish i went to a school like anchorage alaska, so i never saw bbball.

The Seawolves? You'd have lost to us in the first round of the WCHA playoffs :P

What makes it interesting is the fact that sweet 16 teams like Southern Illinois and Butler have been double digit seeds in the past. But they are getting mad props and they should.

I have to say, Saturday was a great day for the tournament whether there were upsets or not. And also, Vandy, USC and UNLV were surprises to me.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
saturday afternoon was one of the best stretches of games i've seen.

easily. Besides my heart stopping during the OSU game, it was non-stop action. That is the reason the touney is so great.

Sunday was very blah.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
I never watch it anymore. Used to take days off to watch-but it has become the most redundant, overhyped, overrated event in sports, next to the NBA playoffs

Other than the comparison of Gio to Santana, this might be the most inaccurate post of the year.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
Your opinion-check the ratings

The less people that like something, the better it is. The vast majority of people are morons (the fact that in comparison to the population, I'm smart, proves that for sure) so really low ratings to me are a confirmation of my interests.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
The less people that like something, the better it is. The vast majority of people are morons (the fact that in comparison to the population, I'm smart, proves that for sure) so really low ratings to me are a confirmation of my interests.

Nothing I like more than people pointing to the ratings of something. These are the same people who sit there and watch American Idol every night.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
since when have rating been used to measure the popularity of the tournament??

ESPN had something like over 15 million brackets filled out this year.

If it wasn't for the bracket contests, the NCAA tourney would be as popular as the NBA finals.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
If it wasn't for the bracket contests, the NCAA tourney would be as popular as the NBA finals.

I dont know about that at all. This is far more dramatic and is more appealing than the NBA. The NCAA playoffs systems is probably the best in all sports and even other sports like NCAA football have had fans demand to adopt the same system.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)

Unless the White Sox are in the W.S., day 1 of the NCAA Tourney is IMO the best single day for sports fans out of the year. And online broadcasting is just making it better. The only competition is that day in early Feb. Just game after game after game, usually a surprising number of close games, lots of underdogs to root for, usually a team or two I actually care about, and it goes on for a whole day.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:24 PM)

If it weren't for gambling, the NFL would be FAR less popular than MLB. The only sport in this country whose popularity isn't based on gambling is baseball, and professional ball to be specific, which is why I still say baseball is THE great American game even today.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
Nothing I like more than people pointing to the ratings of something. These are the same people who sit there and watch American Idol every night.

Ha that makes my point (and yours) even more solid, good point.

Edited by whitesoxfan101