White Sox @ A's

Balta1701

Halsey in to pitch. Uribe lines a 1-1 pitch to the CF crashing into the wall.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Perez could help us a hell of a lot more vs LHP than Terrero could, but I'm sure Ozzie wouldn't use him right anyways. Like some others have mentioned, Pods is such a waste of a roster spot.

If they're both 100% healthy, I think Pods brings more to the roster than Erstad.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Pods kicks some major ASS this year to shut all you up. Actually, if he hits .280 and has an OBP of .345, I think all of you Pods haters are going to have to eat some major crow.

C'mon, Ozuna and Mack with Guch leading off? No bueno.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
I really hope Pods kicks some major ASS this year to shut all you up. Actually, if he hits .280 and has an OBP of .345, I think all of you Pods haters are going to have to eat some major crow.

.345 OBP is still not good for a leadoff guy. Aim higher.

I also hope that Buerhle has 35 wins and a sub 1 ERA. Dreams versus reality is a stretch at times.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
Who would have ever thought after last year that we'd be starting 2007 with Pods in LF, Erstad in CF, and a clusterf*** in the 5th starter spot, while our bullpen isn't improved?

Our bullpen is a bit better than you are giving it credit for right now.

The prancer erstad combo is really going to be teh suck though.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Sorry, I was also assuming, as Oz and I think KW have said, that Anderson only makes the roster as a starter. Therefore, I'm hoping he makes the roster as that starting CF, with Erstad being the backup CF, 1B and other assorted OF.

Ah, I understand now.

Ideally I would like to see them break camp with Anderson as the starter in CF, and Pods in LF, and Erstad doing a sort of super-sub thing playing in CF, LF, RF, and 1B to give guys a day off here and there. We could even work it so that we see Erstad about 5 days a week if Ozzie wants to give him his ABs.... something like two days at CF, a or day or two in LF, and a day a 1B (spelling Konerko one week while PK DHs, and Thome the next) and then PHs ABs and defensive substitutions as needed. Anderson would still get his 5 starts a week, and Ozzie would get his grinder fix.

I am not sure if the problems with Anderson have been corrected or not, so I don't know if this is even something taht is being looked at seriously.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
Who would have ever thought after last year that we'd be starting 2007 with Pods in LF, Erstad in CF, and a clusterf*** in the 5th starter spot, while our bullpen isn't improved?

I'm not that excited about this team in 07 then I was in 05 and even 06. (our underacheiving year) IMO both Detroit (definitely) and Cleveland (possibly) have better talent but as we've learned in the past, talent doesn't mean s*** on paper so I always keep that optimism. I'm in the "prove me wrong" with this team this year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
Ah, I understand now.

Ideally I would like to see them break camp with Anderson as the starter in CF, and Pods in LF, and Erstad doing a sort of super-sub thing playing in CF, LF, RF, and 1B to give guys a day off here and there. We could even work it so that we see Erstad about 5 days a week if Ozzie wants to give him his ABs.... something like two days at CF, a or day or two in LF, and a day a 1B (spelling Konerko one week while PK DHs, and Thome the next) and then PHs ABs and defensive substitutions as needed. Anderson would still get his 5 starts a week, and Ozzie would get his grinder fix.

I am not sure if the problems with Anderson have been corrected or not, so I don't know if this is even something taht is being looked at seriously.

I like that scenario as well, and I'm hoping that's how Erstad gets his 400-500 plate appearances.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
I would love, love, love to eat crow this season, you have no idea. While I can't stand to think of Pods getting starts in LF, that is going to be a fact, and I have to live with it.

If I eat crow this season, it will be because Pods and Erstad are producing, and if that is the case, this team will probably be a force in the Central, and nothing could make me happier. :gosox3:

And that's why I don't mind (not that it really matters either way) when you get on Pods case. I get the feeling that some people root for him to fail, just so they can be right, despite the fact that it could help the team. I don't even get a small hint of that from you.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)

I said myself a few days back, I think Pods could have his best year yet this year. But that best year, basiically, is a .350 OBP, 75% SB rate, no power, and defense in LF approaching average. A combination of Mack, Ozuna, Gload and/or Erstad would beat that, except not as many steals on a gross basis. Overall, Pods' career year is not as good as that combo could have been.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
And that's why I don't mind (not that it really matters either way) when you get on Pods case. I get the feeling that some people root for him to fail, just so they can be right, despite the fact that it could help the team. I don't even get a small hint of that from you.

None of us root for any player to fail. When you see a player fail for most of the time that they have been here, you dont need to be a fortune teller to think that they may struggle again. He is a leadoff guy and he has to be on base for our offense to function properly. If he plays like he did in the 2nd half of last season he will cripple our attack.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)

I'll take a shot in the dark and state that you were referring to me, among others. I've frequently stated that I don't care if Osama Bin Laden was on the Sox, I'd root for him to do good and help the Sox win. The Sox are more important to me than any single player. With that in mind, when there's a player on the Sox who isn't helping them win, that's when I'll get upset with them.

So, while the Site froze:

Fields struck out.

Anderson singled to Center. Ozzie Guillen Murdered Brian Anderson as punishment.

Terrero grounded out.

Uribe pops out on a supposedly excellent play.

Edited by Balta1701

Thornton comes in, and promptly blows away Buck on 3 pitches. See ya.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Has Logan given up any runs?

In recorded ST games, not "B" games, Logan has an ERA of 0. Including today.

4th pitch is popped up to Molina. 2 outs. Ricky Ledee coming up.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Damn that BA. Thinking he earns a spot here. :angry:

Average back up to .303.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
Thornton comes in, and promptly blows away Buck on 3 pitches. See ya.

In recorded ST games, not "B" games, Logan has an ERA of 0. Including today.

4th pitch is popped up to Molina. 2 outs. Ricky Ledee coming up.

Average back up to .303.

Prancers OBP is probably not .303 at this point.