"Renovated Cell" photo gallery on chicagosports.com

whitesoxfan101

Really good gallery over there with some good pics of the new look at The Cell, might want to check it out. You can see (especially in the last pic of the gallery) how much NICER the place looks and how much more it all goes together with the dark seats. Also, the 2 blue seats look cool, but damn I'm glad those are the only 2 blue seats because you can see how AWFUL and BAD they look compared to the new dark green ones.

Thanks for posting that Kalapse, that's the pic that got me as to how much nicer the place looks. Also, randomly, I was in a box with just about that exact view for the Barrett sucker punch game. Good times, and the only game I ever have sat in a box for in any sport.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
The two blue seats are where Konerko hit his grand slam and Pods hit his walk-off I believe.

Yep, and that was a great idea. Just glad those are the only 2 seats left that are blue, that's all.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
Yep, and that was a great idea. Just glad those are the only 2 seats left that are blue, that's all.

Genius. Boyer strikes again.

the green seats have all been installed aside from two blue seats left to indicate the landing spots for Paul Konerko's grand slam and Scott Podsednik's walk-off blast in Game 2 of the 2005 World Series.

Also gotta like the seats being angled. :)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:36 AM)
Also gotta like the seats being angled. :)

I agree there for sure. Between the angled, more cosmetically appealing new seats, view of the action from just about everywhere on the lower level concourse (I don't think i've ever seen another ballpark like that), the fan deck, and the food (as well as cap corner and the HOF shop of course ;))....our lower deck experience is as good as any in the game, period. And the upper deck is obviously a lot better now too, as with the renovations I'd say it's MLB average up there now, which is a huge upgrade from the past.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:06 AM)
They shoulda replaced those blue seats with blue seats that match the green ones.

For comfort and aesthetics, yes.

For history and accuracy, no.

As long as I'm not sitting in one of the blue seats (which look much smaller than the green ones), I vote HISTORY AND ACCURACY!!!

:D

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
What the heck is the Home Plate Club? Guess I gotta start reading all the propoganda they send.

Its a new premium seating area where the press box used to be, which was relocated. The club looks awesome with indoor and outdoor seating and the best view in the house.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
The two blue seats are where Konerko hit his grand slam and Pods hit his walk-off I believe.

That is a REALLY cool idea. I had shivers looking at the picture and remebering watching those games.

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
Brooks was on CSN last night and basically said that they got the idea from Boston and Fenway

I was thinking that too before I read what you wrote. I believe Fenway has a special seat marking a Ted Williams homer.

See here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenway#The_Lone_Red_Seat

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:10 AM)
For comfort and aesthetics, yes.

For history and accuracy, no.

As long as I'm not sitting in one of the blue seats (which look much smaller than the green ones), I vote HISTORY AND ACCURACY!!!

:D

Actually after sitting in both I thought the Green ones were a little more snug.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
That is a REALLY cool idea. I had shivers looking at the picture and remebering watching those games.

I was thinking that too before I read what you wrote. I believe Fenway has a special seat marking a Ted Williams homer.

See here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenway#The_Lone_Red_Seat

Believe it or not, there's actually a "White Sox Fan" who disagrees and actually thinks it's a "disgrace" and a "despicable move" to honor the two greatest home runs in White Sox history with the blue seats.

http://media.www.pucchronicle.com/media/st...e-2726651.shtml

Of course this knob also talks about how the rest of the seats were "painted green", he downplays the importance of those "playoff" home runs and he misspells "old Commisky Park". If this tool really is a Sox fan and is truly embarrassed, maybe we'll all recognize him by the paper bag over his head.