Would you make this trade with the Phillies ?

WHITESOXRANDY

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
I was wondering when someone was going to finally make a thread about bringing Rowand back to the White Sox.

hahaha, shoots and scores

And I say no to Co(co/velli) Crisp simply because of principle. I mean, how many former Indians can one team bring in?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's actually a pretty decent comparison, Clement makes $9.5M a year ($2M more than lieber), is younger and just as useless, Crisp on the other hand is a much better fit for the Sox than Rowand since the presence of Crisp would make Podsednik expendable (not that he isn't already). With that said, it would never happen for many reasons mainly because KW wouldn't do it.

Except Lieber will throw a pitch before the All-Star game. :mellow:

Edited by santo=dorf

Only way I want Leiber anywhere near The Cell is if he's walking towards the mound from the other dugout. The guy blows! How could you possibly think of trading Thornton or Mac?...especially with Jenks being a big question mark right now.

Well, I definitely disagree with some on Lieber. The guy is a winner. He won 17 games in 2005 and 14 the year before. He won 9 being injure last year. He's throwing well right now and as for being 37 - so what ? That's nothing -there are lots of pitchers in starting rotations from 37-43.

No one's talking about a long term contract with the guy but he's better than whoever the Sox will have in the 5th spot. Oh, and Gavin Floyd, a buster.

Apparently, Danks will be the starter and I hope he's ready. He looks good but I'd rather not rush him.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 05:02 PM)
Well, I definitely disagree with some on Lieber. The guy is a winner. He won 17 games in 2005 and 14 the year before. He won 9 being injure last year. He's throwing well right now and as for being 37 - so what ? That's nothing -there are lots of pitchers in starting rotations from 37-43.

No one's talking about a long term contract with the guy but he's better than whoever the Sox will have in the 5th spot. Oh, and Gavin Floyd, a buster.

Apparently, Danks will be the starter and I hope he's ready. He looks good but I'd rather not rush him.

So who else are you taking off the Sox' roster to counter the addition of Lieber's contract? The Sox are not going to have a $112M+ payroll this season. To use injuries as an excuse for the poor play of a 37 year old pitcher doesn't exactly work in your favor.

Lieber is not horrible...he has been a somewhat effective pitcher in recent memory...the problem is he costs a ton, is an injury concern and is old. that said i wouldnt trade for him, but hes not garbage like some on here are saying

I just pushed Christ off the bicycle.

Bring Rowand back! ;)

In all honesty I'm not sure where we'd put him though. Erstad seems like a lock; what's the point of having him ride the bench.

And now I will retire from "BRING A-ROW BACK!" rhetoric until the ASB.

Thankyavermuch.