Damn JWIll

Cy Young Porzio

i know he is really hurt and we should feel sorry for him and hope he recovers quickly which i do, but o canthelp being overcome by anger. I mean how much does he have to screw up for the bulls, he wasnt that great last season, he rides a motorcycle with no license, and screws up our trades for carmelo. What an idiot! I know no one is to say if we wouldve actually gotten the 3rd pick for him and the 7rh, but the nuggets could use a healthy jwill and i think it seriously could have happened. But now we are stuck with number 7, so do we draft pietrus?, can he play point?, or are we forced now to take a point guard for the 3rd straight season?

I like Pietrus.

Like you say what JayWill did was wrong and stupid, but I hope he's alright. I do think he's a good guy and is very sorry about it. Of course thats in hindsight and I'm sure once his life is out of danger there will be a lot of angry fans.

Reports were that the Bulls would of dealt Williams to the Sonics for two first round picks.

Oh well, now I can only wish Jay Will the best, not only in his recover from the injuries, but hoping he can make it in the NBA as well.

How much should athletes give up for their employer? I'm sure many on this list are important to their companies, would you agree to not ride a motorcycle, not drink, not swim in the ocean?

Didn't Frank injure himself when his Harley fell a few years ago?

How much should athletes give up for their employer? I'm sure many on this list are important to their companies, would you agree to not ride a motorcycle, not drink, not swim in the ocean?

He signed a contract. If he wants to be in the NBA it is his decesion, and he is compenasated for it.

He signed a contract. If he wants to be in the NBA it is his decesion, and he is compenasated for it.

Good point. I didn't hear he had that clause in his contract. I know with one company I worked for I couldn't skydive, scuba, or climb any mountain above 8,000 meters. All seemed easy enough to avoid so I agreed. I could and did ride a motorcycle.

FWIW.. I've seen 3 contracts (very casual, nothing like what Corg was talking about re Frank's contract) and you would not believe the stuff in them. And I'll swear to this on my first born.. there was a clause that a player could NOT walk in a certain neighborhood or ride the El after a certain time. He was to call someone to pick him up. It didn't stay in there.. but I just though I'd share.

Guest hotsoxchick1
FWIW.. I've seen 3 contracts (very casual, nothing like what Corg was talking about re Frank's contract) and you would not believe the stuff in them. And I'll swear to this on my first born.. there was a clause that a player could NOT walk in a certain neighborhood or ride the El after a certain time. He was to call someone to pick him up. It didn't stay in there.. but I just though I'd share.

contracts have some of the strangest things dont they.......but its all in the best interest of protecting their investment i suppose... i have in the past few days heard so many versions of this contract and the motorcycle clause that it would make ones head spin...... of all of them though there seems to be this tiny little loop hole in it.....if in fact that it is stated "no motorcycly riding as sport" then i dont see how they can avoid the part that it was riding for pleasure instead.......where theres a will theres a way and always a way out of it if you have the right legal team on your side............. ;) .......

I saw one where the player was required to be picked up and driven home by team personnel for all practices and games. Seems the player had had some traffic issues after a hard day at work ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I saw one where the player was required to be picked up and driven home by team personnel for all practices and games. Seems the player had had some traffic issues after a hard day at work  ;)

road rage????????? :huh:

road rage????????? :huh:

No he tended to "unwind" after the game with various non subscription medications. Usually cocaine and alcohol. Nothing like blowing a .20+ on the meter and having cocaine in your system to make the drive home happy. The team figured this was a way to at least keep it out of the papers and hopefully under the league's radar.

A friend of mine was working for his agent and it was the talk of the office. The agent figured it was in his client's best interest (and his long term) but the player was not happy.