Here's to you, Juan Uribe

Spiff

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 03:33 AM)
I see. Well, for me, and I'm sure many others, it has to be the the catch he made in game 4 of the Series while falling into the stands. So beautiful.

Shades of Derek Jeter

I think our introduction to Juan Uribe was pretty sweet, when he went into June sporting a .400 average.

Other than that, His dive into the stands in Game 4 is pretty much unbeatable to me, with the final out of the World Series being 1A.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 08:31 AM)
Other than that, His dive into the stands in Game 4 is pretty much unbeatable to me, with the final out of the World Series being 1A.

^^^

I also just really like the way Gene Honda says his name. :headbang

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 07:36 AM)
^^^

I also just really like the way Gene Honda says his name. :headbang

Gene Honda could say any name, in any language or dialect, and it would sound cool.

"And Now, Number 79.......Kim Jong Il!"

(crowd goes wild)

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
If that was Jeter or AROD it would be considered one of the greatest catches in baseball history.

If it were AROD they would have called him a bastard for impeding the fan's view of the game and attacking small children with his forehead.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)
If it were AROD they would have called him a bastard for impeding the fan's view of the game and attacking small children with his forehead.

:bang Sad thing is that would have been the excuse for attempting to trade him in the offseason.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 06:45 AM)
Gene Honda could say any name, in any language or dialect, and it would sound cool.

"And Now, Number 79.......Kim Jong Il!"

(crowd goes wild)

:lol:

Don't forget about the game saving play in the hole against cleveland that led us to hear hawks famous "JOE CREDE!" in extras, also helping catapult the sox into the playoffs......but yeah the final 2 of the WS are better