Menstealia busted out again

Kyyle23

One of you guys said he should be stealing from a lesser known comedian than Cosby. This is true, but it also reminds me of something that happened recently. I used to be a writer for numerous Horror websites and a few magazines. I still hang out on numerous boards that are where a bunch of other writers hang. Last year one of the larger underground 'zines got busted for stealing movie reviews and claiming them their own. They stole from a larger named reviewer. Not a GIANT name like Ebert, but a larger name within the Horror circles. Once this happened and word got out, people started digging through the past issues, and spreading the reviews around to see if anybody else could claim ownership of the old reviews. What we learned was that this magazine had stolen the vast majority of their material, but mostly from lesser known writers, sites, fanzines. You have to wonder, if more people start to pay attention to him, and check out his material, we might start finding out that his entire routine is stolen, and mostly from the little known guys. He only started to go after Cosby due to being desperate and not finding good material one day.

If Mencia is funny, then every one of us Latino kids was just as funny. I remember standing around calling people "stupids" and making the 'der der der' noise..... but I was in 5th grade at the time. Some of these comics make themselves look sillier by 'outing' him.

Ever notice that just about every black or Latino comic talks about race during their entire routine? Anyone seen George Lopez's HBO routine? All he does is make fun of white people. It gets tired.

I wouldn't suggest calling a Mexican in my neighborhood a "beaner" unless you happen to know him and also be Mexican. I've even had to learn to be careful about calling the climbing devices we use a carabiner instead of the slang shorthand "beaner".

A twenty year old joke from any comedian, even Bill Crosby could be forgiven or explained as too old to know. The "who will build the wall" joke, I've heard a dozen times around here and seems obvious enough that almost anyone could have written it. And we could probably go one by one and find some benefit of the doubt. But when you have a whole pile of something that smells like s***, it's s***. As we say on the border, AMF as in Adios Muther Focker.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Those jokes were similar, but the difference is when the first guy told them it wasn't really funny at all to say the least, when Dane Cook told them with subtle changes they were very very funny.

The hell? Cook flat out stole them, regardless of changes being made. That's the issue right now, not how funny they are.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
If Mencia is funny, then every one of us Latino kids was just as funny. I remember standing around calling people "stupids" and making the 'der der der' noise..... but I was in 5th grade at the time. Some of these comics make themselves look sillier by 'outing' him.

Ever notice that just about every black or Latino comic talks about race during their entire routine? Anyone seen George Lopez's HBO routine? All he does is make fun of white people. It gets tired.

We can't fault any comedian for making fun of race. Look at just about any comedian...If they are fat, they make fat jokes. If they are Jewish, they make Jewish jokes. If they are Catholic, they make Catholic jokes. Blacks and Latinos make race jokes, either way. Shoot, even Jim Gaffigan makes pasty white guy jokes. They all do it, because that's what they know.

And that's also why comedians like Seinfeld, Cosby, Pryor, Stephen Wright, etc. are better, because they don't have to make the easy joke. It may be part of the joke, but it isn't the punchline and that's the rub.

An example, it's not from his stand-up, but it's from his TV show.

FATHER: That's a kneeler.

JERRY: Oh. (Adjusts accordingly)

FATHER: Tell me your sins, my son.

JERRY: Well I should tell you that I'm Jewish.

FATHER: That's no sin.

JERRY: Oh good. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about Dr. Whatley. I have a suspicion that he's converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

FATHER: And this offends you as a Jewish person.

JERRY: No, it offends me as a comedian. And it'll interest you that he's also telling Catholic jokes.

FATHER: Well.

JERRY: And they're old jokes. I mean, the Pope and Raquel Welch in a lifeboat.

FATHER: I haven't heard that one.

JERRY: Oh, I'm sure you have. They're out on the ocean and, yada yada yada, and she says, "Those aren't buoys." (Father starts laughing) Father...

FATHER: One second... Well, if it would make you feel better I could speak to Dr. Whatley. I have to go back and have a wisdom teeth removed.

JERRY: You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist don't you?

FATHER: Um...

JERRY: Newer magazines.

FATHER: Now if you'll excuse me.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:34 AM)
The hell? Cook flat out stole them, regardless of changes being made. That's the issue right now, not how funny they are.

Has this guy accused Cook of stealing them? Is there a chance that they might know each other and could be sharing material? Hard to say someone flat out stole them without knowing all the facts, even consider that maybe the other guy stole them from Cook?