Sox v. Rangers, 3:00 Start, 3/25/07

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes he does. I can't blame him....he has 75 million reasons to get in shape.

What's your thoughts on Ozzie bunting with Erstad if Pods gets on base in front of our 3/4/5?

I'm not sure how good of a bunter grinderstad is, but I imagine it was free to swing at the plate, he would ground out to the right side of the infield alot which would pretty much be the same as bunting.

The only solid memory I have of Erstad is when we won the 2005 Pennant.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
I'm not sure how good of a bunter grinderstad is, but I imagine it was free to swing at the plate, he would ground out to the right side of the infield alot which would pretty much be the same as bunting.

The only solid memory I have of Erstad is when we won the 2005 Pennant.

Drinking already? :P

Also, I'm eagerly awaiting the Danks fan club at the game: Danks Skanks

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Oh, and Stewart is really making Walker look bad.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
We should throw at Stewart. For showing up our hitting coach.

It's wrong to blame Greg Walker. Stewart had 8 TERRIBLE major league at-bats. It's not like those were Walker's fault. What was he supposed to do? Correct 5 years of poor coaching in 8 at-bats?

You can blame the Sox system of letting hitters use long looping swings in the minor leagues until they fail at the upper levels and major leagues.

Enjoy the bus ride Russell.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
It's wrong to blame Greg Walker. Stewart had 8 TERRIBLE major league at-bats. It's not like those were Walker's fault. What was he supposed to do? Correct 5 years of poor coaching in 8 at-bats?

You can blame the Sox system of letting hitters use long looping swings in the minor leagues until they fail at the upper levels and major leagues.

Our minor league coaches are horrendous at developing players into being ready for the majors. It's amazing some of the bad habits that are youngsters have.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)

Well it seems as if the Rangers hitting staff did a pretty good job in a couple of weeks....

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
Why put your backup catcher in at first for a ST game?

To give him some AB's, and 1B is usually not an injury prone position.

who the hell is this coming in right now?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)

Okay, it is Dwayne Pollock...

damn, that was one hot blonde they showed.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:19 PM)

Okay, it is Dwayne Pollock...

Tell that to Frank Thomas. There's no reason for Toby to be playing 1B in the 8th inning of a blowout Spring Training game in late March.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
What happened to Hall? And yes, it's idiotic to put him at a position he's not familiar with. He almost injured himself with an awkward stretch earlier.

I think it looked like a jammed shoulder...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
Tell that to Frank Thomas. There's no reason for Toby to be playing 1B in the 8th inning of a blowout Spring Training game in late March.

I'm not supporting it, I'm just saying...

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
What happened to Hall? And yes, it's idiotic to put him at a position he's not familiar with. He almost injured himself with an awkward stretch earlier.

He dove to his right side and landed awkwardly on his right arm (not important for a catcher at all) looked like he either dislocated his shoulder or hyper extended his elbow - both worst case scenarios. He more than likely just jammed his shoulder or something something though and will be held out of the next 2 games.