Sox v. Rangers, 3:00 Start, 3/25/07

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Make that six AB's between Podsednik and Erstad that neither have hit a baseball further than five feet out of the infield.

So the soxtalk rule is that we're not allowed to openly root for injuries?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
The worst part is that it was against a RHP. Imagine a LHP.

Hopefully Ozuna gets most of the playing time against LHP.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
Anytime you have 6 hits and 2 runs off Loe, you just have to consider it a success.

TIP YOUR CAPS!

The sad thing is that bad defense accounted for all the runs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
Hopefully Ozuna gets most of the playing time against LHP.

The sad thing is that bad defense accounted for all the runs.

God I hope so. I can only take so many light ground outs.

BTW, Hall at 1B and Russell in to pitch.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
Sorry, I need to rant a bit. I hate the feeling I have about Mark, but I just have such a bad taste in my mouth after the performance he gave in the 2nd half of the season last year, and him following that up with this s*** spring hasn't helped my view of him. There is a LONG laundry list of reasons why we tanked the 2nd half of the season last year, but for me, Mark is on the top of the list. He just let me down so much last season, I really have this built up hatred for him,and I hate having it. He seems like a great guy, and a great clubhouse guy, but the performance has just not been there, and on top of that, there is the contract discussion. Here's a thought, pitch better than Jordan4life, and maybe you will get your money. I am so sick of hearing about what Mark is worth, his agent comparing him to Zito and Meche. STFU, and get a ERA under 4.99, then you can talk.

Fixed.

I am also very concerned about Mark. But I thought B-Mac was the reason we didn't make the playoffs?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
I notice Russell isn't dropping down during any of his pitches. Must not give a damn about impressing anyone, anymore.

He dropped down a little on the ball that was hit off the wall, and it looked like a high school slider.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
He dropped down a little on the ball that was hit off the wall, and it looked like a high school slider.

It was nothing like his other starts. It appeared to me he threw nothing but straight fastballs over the top and avoided dropping down with regularity.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
Sorry, I need to rant a bit. I hate the feeling I have about Mark, but I just have such a bad taste in my mouth after the performance he gave in the 2nd half of the season last year, and him following that up with this s*** spring hasn't helped my view of him. There is a LONG laundry list of reasons why we tanked the 2nd half of the season last year, but for me, Mark is on the top of the list. He just let me down so much last season, I really have this built up hatred for him,and I hate having it. He seems like a great guy, and a great clubhouse guy, but the performance has just not been there, and on top of that, there is the contract discussion. Here's a thought, pitch better than a number 5 starter, and maybe you will get your money. I am so sick of hearing about what Mark is worth, his agent comparing him to Zito and Meche. STFU, and get a ERA under 4.99, then you can talk.

Oh don't apologize. I'm spooked too. I've not seen a pitcher go over a cliff like he did last year so I wonder if something really, really key broke/changed/wore out.

I agree with you that as Buehrle goes, the Sox go.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
It was nothing like his other starts. It appeared to me he threw nothing but straight fastballs over the top and avoided dropping down with regularity.

Haven't seen too much of him before today, so I'll take your word on it. It was nice to see him have a firm fastball.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
Sorry, I need to rant a bit. I hate the feeling I have about Mark, but I just have such a bad taste in my mouth after the performance he gave in the 2nd half of the season last year, and him following that up with this s*** spring hasn't helped my view of him. There is a LONG laundry list of reasons why we tanked the 2nd half of the season last year, but for me, Mark is on the top of the list. He just let me down so much last season, I really have this built up hatred for him,and I hate having it. He seems like a great guy, and a great clubhouse guy, but the performance has just not been there, and on top of that, there is the contract discussion. Here's a thought, pitch better than a number 5 starter, and maybe you will get your money. I am so sick of hearing about what Mark is worth, his agent comparing him to Zito and Meche. STFU, and get a ERA under 4.99, then you can talk.

I don't know if this makes me a bad fan, but if the Sox aren't going to make the playoffs, I hope they're far enough out of the race at the trade deadline that we can trade Buehrle. The worst thing that could happen is to not make the playoffs, and then lose Buehrle via free agency after the year.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Probably has been mentioned, but Buehrle looked to be in great shape...

Yes he does. I can't blame him....he has 75 million reasons to get in shape.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
I just noticed Thome has a 15/3 walk to strike out ratio this spring. I hope Konerko and Dye hit like last year because Jim will be the only guy on base in front of them.

What's your thoughts on Ozzie bunting with Erstad if Pods gets on base in front of our 3/4/5?

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
I don't know if this makes me a bad fan, but if the Sox aren't going to make the playoffs, I hope they're far enough out of the race at the trade deadline that we can trade Buehrle. The worst thing that could happen is to not make the playoffs, and then lose Buehrle via free agency after the year.

I believe if we're anymore than 6 games out of the division or wild card it should be time to sell off pieces. But only if what we receive is better than the compensation picks Dye and Buehrle may provide.

It's just going to be frustrating because you know that's exactly what will happen, and people will have this delusion of the team putting everything together in the second half like Houston and Cleveland did in years past.

Oh, and Stewart is really making Walker look bad.