BUMPED::::::Toby Hall Possibly out for the season

Steve9347

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
Best bat off the bench and second best outfield arm on the team.

He would be better suited to play in LF instead of the zero tool player we have out there and he could also be used as a backup corner infielder instead of throwing a catcher out there.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
That's f***ing great. Now we lose one of the upgrades we got this offseason, AND we get to listen to people blame Ozzie to make themselves feel better. How dare he play Hall at a position less risky than catcher to get some time on the field. That bastard.

Give me a break. He's not a first baseman, plain and simple. He has two freaking career at-bats in the majors at the position. He had no clue what he was doing there, as you could tell on the first play when he stretched the wrong way on a routine play. I'm not blaming Ozzie to make myself feel better....I'm blaming Ozzie because an idiotic decision lost us an integral part to this team.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
That's f***ing great. Now we lose one of the upgrades we got this offseason, AND we get to listen to people blame Ozzie to make themselves feel better. How dare he play Hall at a position less risky than catcher to get some time on the field. That bastard.

ok come on now he played Hall in a position he has almost NEVER played before in a spring training game to get him some at bats? really? does he REALLY need that extra at bat or 2 that he got to add to his .400 batting average?? i just dont get it. if it were Jermaine Dye at first and this happened you'd be screaming as well. Playing someone at a position that they're NOT FAMILIAR WITH makes it just as "risky" as playing catcher

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
From my experience with the labrum, if the diagnosis is made that it's torn, it's pretty obvious to see the tear.

I can actually tell you from experience that's not always the case. They didn't see mine until they did an chemically-enhanced MRI. The X-Rays didn't show it.

Is this diagnosis from the MRI or no? Anyone know?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
I can actually tell you from experience that's not always the case. They didn't see mine until they did an chemically-enhanced MRI. The X-Rays didn't show it.

Is this diagnosis from the MRI or no? Anyone know?

That's what I'm saying....the diagnosis was from the MRI.

It has nothing to do with making myself feel better, why can't you just accept that some people are going to disagree with the moves that Ozzie makes? Especially those as disastrous as this one. I still don't see the upside in playing your incredibly important backup catcher at a position he has no experience at for a few innings and yes 1B is a much more dangerous position for a guy like Hall than catcher.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
But hey, atleast our minor league depth should make replacing Hall somewhat reasonable.

What? There is no depth at the catching position?

or any position... cept 3B and maybe outfield...

That's f***ing great. Now we lose one of the upgrades we got this offseason, AND we get to listen to people blame Ozzie to make themselves feel better.

So who is a bigger villan, George W Bush or Ozzie Gullien? The World may never know.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
It has nothing to do with making myself feel better, why can't you just accept that some people are going to disagree with ALL OF the moves that Ozzie makes? Especially those as disastrous as this one. I still don't see the upside in playing your incredibly important backup catcher at a position he has no experience at for a few innings and yes 1B is a much more dangerous position for a guy like Hall than catcher.

Edited for accuracy.

And to answer your question, because it makes for piss poor discussion when every single problem with an organziation is blamed pretty much on one person.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
Give me a break. He's not a first baseman, plain and simple. He has two freaking career at-bats in the majors at the position. He had no clue what he was doing there, as you could tell on the first play when he stretched the wrong way on a routine play. I'm not blaming Ozzie to make myself feel better....I'm blaming Ozzie because an idiotic decision lost us an integral part to this team.

No, a freak injury (how often does a 1B tear something diving?) lost us an integral part of the team. And he's had more than 2 AB's as a 1B this spring so far, so it seems Ozzie was considering him as a backup plan there. Finding out if he could be useful there is the sort of thing you are supposed to do in ST. I'm as pissed as anyone else he is hurt, but blaming Ozzie just doesn't make any sense.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
And to answer your question, because it makes for piss poor discussion when every single problem with an organziation is blamed pretty much on one person.

I've seen KW get more heat over the last few months than he has in the 3 years prior. If every single issue is now either "Ozzie can do no wrong" vs "Ozzie can do nothing right", then why not just have two different forums on this board?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)

Yeah bulls***. If you really think I disagree with every move Guillen has made then you're not reading my posts. I just commended Ozzie for picking Danks as the 5th starter but no, that's completely overlooked right? Yeah I thought so.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
So who is a bigger villan, George W Bush or Ozzie Gullien? The World may never know.

Edited for accuracy.

dude you're being just as ridiculous as the people you're trying to rip. No one disagrees with ALL the moves ozzie makes just like... i'd hope... some people are intelligent enough to realize he has also made some huge mistakes - this being one of them.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
No, a freak injury (how often does a 1B tear something diving?) lost us an integral part of the team. And he's had more than 2 AB's as a 1B this spring so far, so it seems Ozzie was considering him as a backup plan there. Finding out if he could be useful there is the sort of thing you are supposed to do in ST. I'm as pissed as anyone else he is hurt, but blaming Ozzie just doesn't make any sense.

How often does a catcher have to dive for a ball? Thus, is it safe to say that maybe Hall isn't used to having to dive?