Iran siezes British troops

southsider2k5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 09:28 AM)
Yeah, yeah, Iran, Iraq.... I'm an American, its all the same to me :lol:

:usa :britishflag: :aussie: :canada notice how they all look the same, with those round faces and silly smiles.

Boy, Blair is not messing around, he's going to get the UN to write a statement to Iran!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

Britain took its case to free its 15 sailors and marines held by Iran to the United Nations on Thursday, asking the Security Council to support a statement that would "deplore" Tehran's action and demand their immediate release.

OH! Slam! That'll show them who's boss. :stick

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
Boy, Blair is not messing around, he's going to get the UN to write a statement to Iran!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

OH! Slam! That'll show them who's boss. :stick

Oddly I don't see the cry of violations of the Geneva convention when they are parading them blindfolded in front of cameras like we saw with the Iraq troops. I wonder when they beat the crap out of them, or hang them by their elbows like they did to the American hostages from the 70s if that also will be talked about. Maybe when they have the mock executions just like they did with the hostages before that its just pretend and imagination time.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
Iran to release the 15 hostages, per speech by Ahmadinejad.

I love this part of the speech.

He criticized Britain for deploying Leading Seaman Faye Turney, one of the 15 detainees, in the Gulf, pointing out that she is a woman with a child.

"How can you justify seeing a mother away from her home, her children? Why don't they respect family values in the West?" he asked of the British government

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:31 AM)
"How can you justify seeing a mother away from her home, her children? Why don't they respect family values in the West?" he asked of the British government

Hey, we shouldn't question the messenger, it's all about the message, right? I mean, what kind of country sends a woman off to serve their country in an honorable fashion when she could be at home wrapped up in clothes from head to toe, making bomb belts for her kids to wear?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 08:38 AM)
Aww what a nice "gift". The return of people that were never in violation of the law to begin with... They shouldn't have. No, really.

Think we'll give the same gift and return the Iranian folks we seized while they were in Iraq on diplomatic visits?

Anyway, I'm going to be really, really happy if this does end. I need to fill up my gas tank here pretty soon. And I still don't like Mr. Bush having anything resembling a Causus Belli.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Think we'll give the same gift and return the Iranian folks we seized while they were in Iraq on diplomatic visits?

Anyway, I'm going to be really, really happy if this does end. I need to fill up my gas tank here pretty soon. And I still don't like Mr. Bush having anything resembling a Causus Belli.

'Cause after all, it's all Mr. Bush's fault.

What a crock of s***.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)

What a crock of s***.

Wow, I make a couple random remarks, one of which is actually put in green, and suddenly that's interpreted as "everything is Bush's fault".

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
Wow, I make a couple random remarks, one of which is actually put in green, and suddenly that's interpreted as "everything is Bush's fault".

It is. Thome hits a three run homer, the server goes down, and that's Bush's fault.

That's a crock of s***, too. :D

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)

What a crock of s***.

Has Bush done anything wrong during his administration? I agree he gets blamed for too much stuff, every President does, but as soon as anyone dares to criticize Dubya, you pull out the b.s. or pull into Hyperbole Drive.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)

Latin geek :D But that does segue into studying the writing of Thucydides, which should probably be required for anyone wishing to understand Bush.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
Has Bush done anything wrong during his administration? I agree he gets blamed for too much stuff, every President does, but as soon as anyone dares to criticize Dubya, you pull out the b.s. or pull into Hyperbole Drive.

Read the damn thread. Although the first post shoulda been in green, and I think Balta caught on, but you didn't, obviously.

Are you Dubya's fault? :D

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)
Read the damn thread. Although the first post shoulda been in green, and I think Balta caught on, but you didn't, obviously.

That's bulls***. Everyone knows this is all Ozzie Guillens fault, fire him! :stick

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)

More of a universal comment. I should have picked a better thread to drop that in. ;)