Since there is so much discussion on it....

Controlled Chaos

Was Ozzie at fault for Hall's injury  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ozzie at fault for Hall's injury

• 0% blame. It was a freak accident.
    • 50% blame. Ozzie did play him out of position, but injuries happen in baseball.
    • 100% blame. Ozzie had no business playing him out of position and he hurt the Sox because of it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
Out of all of those options I'm going to have to choose 0, but I don't like choosing zero. I'm choosing zero because I think it's somewhere between 25% and 0%, and given that number and the 3 available choices I'm forced to round down.

Thank you, Mr. Science!!!

:D

Out of all of those options I'm going to have to choose 0, but I don't like choosing zero. I'm choosing zero because I think it's somewhere between 25% and 0%, and given that number and the 3 available choices I'm forced to round down.

I knew I should have done it in 15% increments. :bang

Thats why I chose 50%. I don't think its 50% Ozzie, but I definitely don't think it's 0%.

Let's put it this way. Ozzie did not cause the injury to happen. Injuries do happen at every position, and the fact that an injury occurred is no more Ozzie's fault than it is any of ours.

However, assuming that it's easier for a player to be injured when he's playing a position at which he's not as comfortable as his regular position, I'm going to assign some of the blame to Ozzie for putting Hall in that position. This is magnified when you look at how important Hall was to the Sox' plans this season, and the lack of a backup plan that comes anywhere close.

QUOTE(Balance @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
Let's put it this way. Ozzie did not cause the injury to happen. Injuries do happen at every position, and the fact that an injury occurred is no more Ozzie's fault than it is any of ours.

However, assuming that it's easier for a player to be injured when he's playing a position at which he's not as comfortable as his regular position, I'm going to assign some of the blame to Ozzie for putting Hall in that position. This is magnified when you look at how important Hall was to the Sox' plans this season, and the lack of a backup plan that comes anywhere close.

This echos my thoughts on this entirely.