Mark Cuban's Magnolia Pictures in discussion to distribute "

rangercal

Have you watched the film: Loose Change?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you watched the film: Loose Change?

• No, I don't plan to.
    • No, never heard of it, I plan to watch.
    • Yes, I watched the entire film. I disagree 100% with the views expressed within.
    • Yes, I watched the entire film. I agree 100% with the views expressed in the film.
    • Yes, I watched the entire film. I agree with some of the views expressed in the film.
    • I only watched it briefly. I disagreed and shut it off.

For those who have not viewed "Loose Change":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=78...;q=loose+change

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?Men...ContentID=24220

Charlie Sheen to narrate 9/11 conspiracy film

23rd March 2007, 6:45 WST

American actor Charlie Sheen is reportedly in talks to narrate an internet documentary that suggests elements of the US government were behind the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre.

Click here to find out more!

Representatives for the star confirmed to TV show Access Hollywood that he was involved in the production of a new version of Loose Change, a 90-minute conspiracy theory film that has swept the world earning more than 10 million internet viewers.

They would not elaborate on what role Sheen would take, but the New York Post said he would provide narration.

A year ago the 41-year-old actor told America's GCN radio network: "It seems to me like 19 amateurs with box cutters taking over four commercial airliners and hitting 75 per cent of their targets; that feels like a conspiracy theory. It raises a lot of questions".

The Post said Sheen was in talks with Mark Cuban's Magnolia Pictures to distribute Loose Change.

Cuban told the newspaper: "We are having discussions about distributing the existing video with Charlie's involvement as a narrator, not in making a new feature.

"We are also looking for productions with an opposing viewpoint. We like controversial subjects, but we are agnostic to which side the controversy comes from."

Edit:

Title should be read: Mark Cuban's Magnolia Pictures in discussion to distribute "Loose Change"

Ran out of room.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 07:26 AM)
Hopefully they make a movie out of the rebuttal site, which destroyed pretty much all of their arguements.

Popular Mechanics wrote a book claiming to debunk all the 9/11 myths.

Popular mechanics and Loose change had a debate on PBS not too long ago.

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

I watched the first two. Seems like PM held their ground.

the Loose Change guys don't have even a basic understanding of mechanics or materials.

100 tons + 530 mph + Large, reinforced concrete structure = complete disintegration of the plane. It would have had about 25 MJ of energy -- that's an awful lot.

Edited by StrangeSox

I'm finding it interesting how similar I find the arguments of the Loose Change guys to the arguments of the anti-evolution or anti-global warming folks. It's always the argument from Ignorance. There's no footage of this. There's no footage of that. There's no good images of this. Why can't we see the footage of this.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
I'm finding it interesting how similar I find the arguments of the Loose Change guys to the arguments of the anti-evolution or anti-global warming folks. It's always the argument from Ignorance. There's no footage of this. There's no footage of that. There's no good images of this. Why can't we see the footage of this.

Their entire argument is nothing but a logical fallacy.

Arguments from ignorance.

Ad hominem.

Ignoring relevant evidence.

Hearsay.

Misrepresentation of irrelevant experts.

That's a double edged sword. Science tells us if it can't be proven empirically, it isn't valid, no? So on one hand we have scientists telling us something must be replicable before we can trust it as true. So if there is a lack of objective evidence, we should consider it a theory until it can be proven or disproved. And then other the other hand, in evolution's case, we must accept it without firm evidence, And there is a leap of faith in evolution, or any theory of man's beginning, from nothing, comes something, close to approximating human.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
Maddox has a good page up now mocking "Loose Change"

http://maddox.xmission.com/

I wouldn't take that too seriously. That page is not using any intelligent evidence, rather just making it seem like a junior high debate. I'm sure there are better examples to debunk the myths. Popular mechanics seems to do the best job and I am still not 100% sold on Popular mechanics, the loose change guys really seem to hold their ground against them in the debate posted.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
I wouldn't take that too seriously. That page is not using any intelligent evidence, rather just making it seem like a junior high debate. I'm sure there are better examples to debunk the myths. Popular mechanics seems to do the best job and I am still not 100% sold on Popular mechanics, the loose change guys really seem to hold their ground against them in the debate posted.

Check back to that page in a few weeks. Maddox runs "the best page in the universe" and usually just writes satirical articles or rants about things he finds stupid in society and popular culture. It wasn't meant to be serious, just to poke fun at them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_Page_In_The_Universe

I don't think those Loose Change guys held their ground at all. Especially the "research assistant" or whatever he was called -- all he did was say "you're lying" or scoff at anything they said. They exposed their single "expert" as irrelevant and exposed a lot of the 'science' they used as flawed and misunderstood by them. They didn't really have good answers to anything PM said or refuted and kept changing the subject. As an engineer, "Loose Change" had me laughing out loud at what they were claiming the first time I saw it.

Edited by StrangeSox

There's no footage of this. There's no footage of that. There's no good images of this. Why can't we see the footage of this.

I can understand if there really is no footage . But fact is, there was.

45 tapes of local businesses in the pentagon area were confiscated by the FBI. Why? Why release only one shot with a bad view and angle? They can release the tapes anytime and shut everyone up, thats includes scholars, Engineers,scientists and former millitary personal.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
Check back to that page in a few weeks. Maddox runs "the best page in the universe" and usually just writes satirical articles or rants about things he finds stupid in society and popular culture. It wasn't meant to be serious, just to poke fun at them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_Page_In_The_Universe

I don't think those Loose Change guys held their ground at all. Especially the "research assistant" or whatever he was called -- all he did was say "you're lying" or scoff at anything they said. They exposed their single "expert" as irrelevant and exposed a lot of the 'science' they used as flawed and misunderstood by them. They didn't really have good answers to anything PM said or refuted and kept changing the subject. As an engineer, "Loose Change" had me laughing out loud at what they were claiming the first time I saw it.

I highly disagree. Popular mechanics did not answer numerous questions. For one, they totally avoided the cell phone frequency level at cruising level. Why? Me thinks they came unprepared for the debate. They changed the subject many times during the debate.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)

45 tapes of local businesses in the pentagon area were confiscated by the FBI. Why? Why release only one shot with a bad view and angle? They can release the tapes anytime and shut everyone up, thats includes scholars, Engineers,scientists and former millitary personal.

I love this arguement. We are talking about THE most classified and secret building on the entire planet. This is the central intelligence agency of the entire world's HQ. The littlest secret being exposed here could literally get people killed. Of course they aren't allowing footage to be broadcast all over the world, they aren't stupid.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
I love this arguement. We are talking about THE most classified and secret building on the entire planet. This is the central intelligence agency of the entire world's HQ. The littlest secret being exposed here could literally get people killed. Of course they aren't allowing footage to be broadcast all over the world, they aren't stupid.

not even limited footage of the plane while airborne? Something in the 45 tapes should have something that is not so secretive, right?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)

I highly disagree. Popular mechanics did not answer numerous questions. For one, they totally avoided the cell phone frequency level at cruising level. Why? Me thinks they came unprepared for the debate. They changed the subject many times during the debate.

They said that they went and spoke with experts who told them that calls can be made but that they are frequently dropped, but that this matches phone records and people's accounts of what happens. The LC guys then tried saying that airlines installing cell phone equipment proves that they couldn't make calls and then quickly moved on to something else.

My favorite part was how PM kept bringing up how "real journalists" go and talk to relevant experts and kept asking them if they ever did. Of course, their answer was always "no" or "they wouldn't return our calls."

PM doesn't claim to have all of the answers for what happened that day and said as much at the end of the interview. But LC claims to know all of the answers because they don't know other things. "Nothing comes from nothing" and its just a logical fallacy.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
not even limited footage of the plane while airborne? Something in the 45 tapes should have something that is not so secretive, right?

We have a lot of eye witnesses that report seeing a plane strike the building and NO eyewitnesses report seeing a cruise missile.

There's some quotes about people saying that it "sounded like a cruise missile," but that's just ridiculous. An overwhelming majority of people have never heard a cruise missile or a 747 at 500 MPH only a few feet off of the ground. For comparison, most people can't correctly identify a gunshot from a similar noise, so why should we trust their acoustic identification of a cruise missile vs. a 747?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
They said that they went and spoke with experts who told them that calls can be made but that they are frequently dropped, but that this matches phone records and people's accounts of what happens. The LC guys then tried saying that airlines installing cell phone equipment proves that they couldn't make calls and then quickly moved on to something else.

My favorite part was how PM kept bringing up how "real journalists" go and talk to relevant experts and kept asking them if they ever did. Of course, their answer was always "no" or "they wouldn't return our calls."

We have a lot of eye witnesses that report seeing a plane strike the building and NO eyewitnesses report seeing a cruise missile.

There's some quotes about people saying that it "sounded like a cruise missile," but that's just ridiculous. An overwhelming majority of people have never heard a cruise missile or a 747 at 500 MPH only a few feet off of the ground. For comparison, most people can't correctly identify a gunshot from a similar noise, so why should we trust their acoustic identification of a cruise missile vs. a 747?

The flick is 151 mins long. They have plenty of relevent experts. Of course at least a 1/3 of the population would not even realize that because of their refusal to even watch it.

I am not suggesting to side with anyone. Don't take the word of Loose Change. I do suggest watching it, research the claims ( google, Library ect) . Debunk the myths yourself if you can.

It's not so hard to research. Of course, the alternative is to live in ignorance and continue to take other peoples word on a very important gruesome event during our lifetime. In the event of another attack, be prepared to give up another freedom in the name of security.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
The flick is 151 mins long. They have plenty of relevent experts. Of course at least a 1/3 of the population would not even realize that because of their refusal to even watch it.

I am not suggesting to side with anyone. Don't take the word of Loose Change. I do suggest watching it, research the claims ( google, Library ect) . Debunk the myths yourself if you can.

I've watched maybe 30 or 45 minutes total of the movie. That was enough. Almost every single one of their basic premises were wrong -- usually because they just don't know what they're talking about because they appear to lack even a basic understanding of engineering, physics, and material science. I've seen enough enormous glaring errors in what I've watched to discredit anything else they might claim.

In the debate posted earlier, their lack of knowledge was clearly exposed when it came to their UL expert and the steel ratings. The researcher refused to admit that UL doesn't certify steel. Anyone with a background knowledge on steel would know that. Anyone who did research trying to prove that the steel couldn't fail SHOULD know that.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
I've watched maybe 30 or 45 minutes total of the movie. That was enough. Almost every single one of their basic premises were wrong -- usually because they just don't know what they're talking about because they appear to lack even a basic understanding of engineering, physics, and material science. I've seen enough enormous glaring errors in what I've watched to discredit anything else they might claim.

29218 ratings

4.5/5 star rating.

Doesn't sound like a film with enormous glaring errors to the majority.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)

29218 ratings

4.5/5 star rating.

Doesn't sound like a film with enormous glaring errors to the majority.

The majority also don't have any technical and scientific background on which to judge. The opinions of non-experts don't really matter.

They also routinely quote out-of-context, don't provide sources or dates, or use quotes from within a few days or the day of when tons of misinformation was around instead of using quotes from after research and investigation was done. It's a very misleading piece and many people might not readily pick up on that stuff.

Edited by StrangeSox

Conspiracy theories are one way people have to make sense of a horrible situation. It can't be true, so people look for any way to make sense of it.

Strange things DO happen. And I'm not saying there isn't some truth in some conspiracy theories or that some aren't right on. But, the government can barely keep anything secret without someone leaking it...I can't imagine them being able to keep a secret of killing 2500 of its own citizens without someone feeling guilty and leaking it.