San Francisco to ban plastic grocery bags

BigSqwert

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
I "recycle" my plastic bags in different ways though. I use them for cat poop. Wouldn't work as well in paper bags, though. Recyclable plastic would be great!

They're also good for picking up after my dog. We always re-use the plastic bags we get.

QUOTE(shoota @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
haha, I've said the same. I developed a dislike for old people while working as a bagger. I took great pleasure in f'ing with the elderly when they accidentally asked for plastic in paper when they really meant paper in plastic. Granny, this doesn't look right, oh that's what you asked for.

Making everything fit back into their folding shopping carts that they brought in double-paper, double-plastic was never fun.

QUOTE(shoota @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
That was my favorite job ever, and looking back, I can understand why Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty wanted to go back to a job of his youth.

Yeah. Not having to worry about important crap was fun. :(

QUOTE(shoota @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
It was a nice summer day so we liked the idea of sitting on our asses waiting for the lot to fill up with carts. After a couple hours, we assembled something like 108 carts. We could have gotten more, but the train was so long that customers couldn't back out of their parking spots. They became upset, so the three of us started to push the train. We could barely move it.

That's exactly what I did, but I had to deal with the wrath of angry carpenters and plumbers waiting for me and my newfound hernia to push the carts. My favorite job ever.

The other thing I used to do was give people advice about stuff I really didn't know how to do myself. My job was loading cars and pushing carts, think I know much about building a shed or planting a garden?