Sabathia leaves game with injury

thedoctor

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
I never wish upon injuries on anyone, but it would nice not to face him opening day since he basically dominates us every time. First Lee, now Sabathia, Indians are sure not having good luck to start the year. We now may see Prancer leading off opening day. :(

The Prancer will likely be starting on Opening Day no matter who the starting pitcher is. Do you really think Ozzie is going to sit his boy on opening day because there's a lefty on the mound? He lead off last year with Sabathia on the mound and I assume he'd do the same this year as well.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 01:18 PM)
Ozzie's been saying for a month now that Ozuna will start on opening day.

Perhaps I should start listening a bit more when he speaks.

Are you sure he wasn't just trying to fire up Pods with such a comment? He likes to say one thing and mean another. I thought we weren't supposed to believe anything he says?

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
Hey fathom, did ya read the al/nl central pecota article on prospectus today, they tried to explain the forecast for us. Loved the part about LF and CF.

Haven't seen it yet....anyway you can link that, or is it premium?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:22 PM)

This doesn't surprise me. This spring training has been frustrating, and Sabathia's absence from the Indians rotation would indicate something positive -- which is impossible.

I'm still hoping beyond hope the Indians feel starting him Monday isn't worth the risk.