Sisco and Aardsma Complete Bullpen

Dick Allen

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
Is it true that Logan and Floyd are being sent down and Sisco and Aardsma made the team? I'm not a huge fan of his, but if Logan didn't make the team, what exactly does he have to do to make it?

WTF?

Didn't they already say Logan was on the team?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Just saw the report on CSN. Logan is for sure going down to AAA. Logan said he was just excited for the season to start, and didn't really matter where he was at this point, and Ozzie then confirmed he had a conversation with Logan telling him he didn't make the club.

Some of the moves this spring have been so questionable, I really have decided to just take a wait and see approach with everything. Hell, I really don't even have much of a desire to post much anymore. I love Anderson, but I am so sick of the Anderson/Erstad/Pods/Ozzie bulls***, and the season hasn't even started.

Sorry, that rant had nothing to do with that question, I just felt like doing it. :)

I'm not really mad one way or the other here. I just could've swore Ozzie made it clear Logan was on the team.

Either way, I feel as if the bullpen pieces will be changing a few times this season.

are you kidding me? Sisco and Floyd make the team... I bet KW is praying that they do really good, so it doesn't make him look bad that two of the three 'major' trades he made don't look like complete failures with the 'two' major peices in those trades don't start the year in AAA... Logan not being on this team is an absolute joke... yeah, Sisco has pinpoint control :stick

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
Comcast just stated that Logan and Floyd didn't make the team. I have no faith in our organization right now to make the right decision....it's really sad.

So it is Sisco and Aardsma? I have no problem with Aardsma to be honest, and it was quite evident Floyd would start in AAA. But Logan not making the team??? This is clear to me that Ozzie has some vendetta against him.

As most of you know, I have been a firm supporter of this team for most of the spring and have backed Oz and KW almost 100%, but this last week with the way the team has played and with some of the decisions made by management is just amazinly absurd, and I have lost a ton of faith in this team right now.

Well, I am looking forward to the future... :angry:

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
Well thank God that Floyd isn't making it, at least.

I'd rather have Boone and Floyd over Sisco and Aardsma...

From what I have read and heard, it seems like the roster is officially set. The most surprising move as well as the worst move this spring is Logan not making the team, for some unknown reason...

SP: Contreras, Garland, Buehrle, Vazquez, Danks

RP: Jenks, MacDougal, Thornton, Massett, Sisco, Aardsma

C: Pierzynski, Molina

INF: Konerko, Iguchi, Crede, Uribe, Cintron

OF: Dye, Erstad, Podsednik, Anderson

UTL: Mackowaik, Ozuna

DH: Thome

At least the future looks bright... :huh

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
Well, Logan and Floyd should be the first two call-ups, although I think we would lose him (or maybe this is wrong) if we brought him up, then tried to send him down again. I heard he had one option remaining, can anyone clarify?

Yes, he has only one option left. So, we could call him and send him down all we want to this season if he does make the big league club at some point, but if we want him for next season either he makes the team, or he has to passes waivers back to AAA, and I would bet some team like Tampa would pick him up in a case like that.

No doubt I can't understand the Logan situation. Even though the sox are consistant with their handling of their young players debate. I can understand if Logan had a sup-par year in AAA but he was downright dominate. It is a head scratcher.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
Absolute bulls*** that Logan did not make this team. No defending this move.

Looks like OG and KW are determined to go with experience (DE over BA, Sisco over Logan, Aardsma over Floyd) and they're going to go down fighting before they sell out and go with the full-court youth movement in 2008.

The only question is whether KW makes another move with the catching spot or waits on the 50/50 proposition that is Toby Hall's "rehab" to the point where he can at least hit.

I guess the only counterpoint is that they took BA over Eduardo Perez, otherwise, it's the veterans-first approach right now.

i'm starting to become very pessimistic both about this season and this club in general... i just dont like the way things are running right now. They're handling the young guys horribly, meaning all these moves that are to "help us now and in the future" are going to do neither.