Sisco and Aardsma Complete Bullpen

Dick Allen

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
If anyone wants that distinction they'll have to take it from my cold, lifeless....internet....fingers. Or something.

/profile

Outstanding.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:41 AM)
Kalapse, you're one of the best posters here. I wasn't trying to attack you. You did kind of rile me up when you called me a "fascist" pig. lol. I wasn't even sure what that meant. I had to look it up. And I'm sure you were joking. Just caught me at a bad time. Everything is cool.

I haven't made a serious post all night. I had a pretty eventful and all around excellent day so I'm probably at my goofiest right about now. You don't need to apologize, knowing that I'm smarter, wittier and more attractive than you is consolation enough. :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:44 AM)
Outstanding.

I haven't made a serious post all night. I had a pretty eventful and all around excellent day so I'm probably at my goofiest right about now. You don't need to apologize, knowing that I'm smarter, wittier and more attractive than you is consolation enough. :)

Done, and I've already conceeded nobody is right as often as you. I just hope you're wrong about the 2007 White Sox. :)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
Well, I think everyone can agree that you are the most/best pessimist on this board. :lol:

Well as long as no one tries to take my Title of "Biggest Pods critic ever", I'll be content and sleep ok at night!

Sorry to get off topic (and by off I definitely mean ON), but:

I think Logan is trade bait. I think KW is (maybe?) looking at his spring training numbers as a showcase of potential, the same way that the D-Rays use their entire regular season. So other teams can window-shop for a lefty reliever. Based on stuff alone, it's conceivable that KW and co. see Logan's spring stats this year and last year as an anomaly but good enough to get a trade out of...i.e. package him with someone else and get a backup catcher.

If it works out this way, I'm okay with the decision to keep Booney down. I honestly don't think he could go a full season with an ERA under 4. And yes, I'm entirely aware that he could potentially do that but we'll never know so I win!

This is the only explanation I can fathom that doesn't involve Ozzie and Kenny being complete jerkwads. Maybe I'm deluding myself, or in denial.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:18 AM)
It's turning me into Billy Packer. Yesterday I pulled a handful of hair out of my shower drain, I've gained 35 pounds over the past 2 days and I killed a drifter this morning just to watch him die.

I don't necessarily like the "haters" in this forum, but THAT is f***ing HILARIOUS! LOL...

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
southsideirish71 (mick bastard)

I resemble that remark. :P Hey I would be happy and smiley, it would just take the replacement of our minor league hitting coaches with a few of the twins instructors, and a major league hitting coach that knows how to teach a line drive approach. Those minor things and I am a beacon of hope.

Oddly enough I think Floyd can be fixed. The stuff is there, the kid just cant throw a strike if there was no batter present. Danks looks real good for spect. He wil take his lumps this year, but next year he will be real good. Hopefully they dont get goofy and get rid of Haeger. Russel and his stuff made me a bit happier about something we drafted.

BTW Boone has petitioned the North Carolna state for a name change. His new name is Boonestes Logariguez, he mentioned something about the reason for not making the team.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)
I'm not really mad one way or the other here. I just could've swore Ozzie made it clear Logan was on the team.

Either way, I feel as if the bullpen pieces will be changing a few times this season.

I think that's the key here. Guys will be moved depending on performance--during the regular season. The Sox don't have to wait for Cotts and Cliff to "turn it around". They'll have options at the ready in AAA.

Quick question if anyone is still cares:

Isn't this the exact same bullpen they talk about in that HORRIBLE radio commercial about the fireballers? I think it is, and I know people have brought this up before, but, unless I'm wrong, it appears the bullpen was set by the marketing department.

It's becoming more and more apparent that this organization is littered with incompetence from the top down. You want a long f***ing reliever? There's a guy who throws a knuckleball just begging for that spot, but I guess the 6'10 lefty with no idea where the ball is going is better. And because Logan isn't on the team, you're basically delegating Thornton as your LOOGY, when it's apparent to anyone with a f***ing brain that he's more valuable than that.

Jesus f***ing Christ.

I'm beginning to think the decisions for this team are made by that team of chimps that was in the Career Builder Super Bowl commercials...oblivious to the conclusions that factual evidence present.

"Hey guys, sales aren't up...they're down."

Sometimes it's fun to read the things you people post.

Baseball is back. Summer is coming.

Oh, and the sky ISN'T falling.

You sound like a bunch of Cubs fans I know. And yes, I said it. Too bad you won't enjoy the season...but hell, that simply means more open seats for me...because I'll be enjoying every second of it. :P

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:20 AM)
Sometimes it's fun to read the things you people post.

Baseball is back. Summer is coming.

Oh, and the sky ISN'T falling.

You sound like a bunch of Cubs fans I know. And yes, I said it. Too bad you won't enjoy the season...but hell, that simply means more open seats for me...because I'll be enjoying every second of it. :P

Cubs fans? No, I'm pretty sure we're the opposite of Cubs fans. Cubs fans are positive most of the time, even when their team sucks. Sox fans are negative most of the time, even when the team is good. Let's get our neuroses straight.

I'm not sure why there's so much angst over Boone frakkin' Logan. The guy was lights out last spring training too and he immediately wet the bed in April. Travis Hafner hit a HR off him that's still going.

The Sox obviously think he isn't mentally tough enough yet so I'd use him as a closer down in AAA so he can grow a pair.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:33 AM)
I'm not sure why there's so much angst over Boone frakkin' Logan. The guy was lights out last spring training too and he immediately wet the bed in April. Travis Hafner hit a HR off him that's still going.

The Sox obviously think he isn't mentally tough enough yet so I'd use him as a closer down in AAA so he can grow a pair.

They did exactly that last year, and he kicked butt - 3.37 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 57:12 K:BB... and then put up a ZERO ERA and a 0.73 WHIP in 9 ST appearances.

Compare that to Sisco's miserable season in 2006 AND miserable ST this year, and tell me again how Logan is the one not ready yet.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:38 AM)
They did exactly that last year, and he kicked butt - 3.37 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 57:12 K:BB... and then put up a ZERO ERA and a 0.73 WHIP in 9 ST appearances.

Compare that to Sisco's miserable season in 2006 AND miserable ST this year, and tell me again how Logan is the one not ready yet.

...and spring training statistics mean a whole lot of nothing.

And the Cubs fans I know, none of them are EVER optimistic...they know the seasons over before it begins, but none of them stop having fun, either. It could be worse. It could be winter again.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
...and spring training statistics mean a whole lot of nothing.

OK, then look at the REGULAR SEASON stats I just posted for last year for those two. Once Logan shook off the enormous jump from A- to MLB, he did very well. Sisco on the other hand was downright awful.

So again, what reason is there to think Sisco is ready and Logan isn't?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
OK, then look at the REGULAR SEASON stats I just posted for last year for those two. Once Logan shook off the enormous jump from A- to MLB, he did very well. Sisco on the other hand was downright awful.

So again, what reason is there to think Sisco is ready and Logan isn't?

Because Sisco is like 6'10" and can kick Ozzie's ass, while Logan can't?!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)

Mea culpa, didn't know he already did that last yr.

All I can say then is the lights don't come on for Logan when it's MLB games as opposed to ST/AAA and the Sox know it and see it. They obviously went for the experience factor with Sisco. Granted, that experience has translated into being a bad lefty pitcher but my guess is Ozzie will only use him for 1 on 1 matchups than the whole inning.