Sisco and Aardsma Complete Bullpen

Dick Allen

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
I really don't know why we even had Spring Training this year. It seems like the only things that were accomplished were figuring out we have no one ready to be our 5th starter....and Toby Hall isn't a first baseman.

Yep, we're back to having the revolving door at the #5 spot - yet Kenny says the White Sox didn't take a step back. I hope he is right.

So, can we safely put Logan on the list of guys that Ozzie doesn't like? I assume that this is related to Logan saying something along the lines of he didn't feel accepted/comfortable with the big club last year? Because otherwise I don't see how Sisco's stats beat out Logan for the spring. It's not even like Sisco was any good last year either.

I know we're talking about the 5th or 6th reliever and this isn't disastrous decision that sinks a club, but my impression is that Guillen's decisions are driven by personal animus to an extent that isn't healthy for the club. Sure, maybe there are things I don't know, Ozzie may not like Boone because he was cocky like Anderson or whatever. I'd be more impressed if Guillen actually put the best team on the field and worked through whatever problem he has with Logan.

Edited by hitlesswonder

Think about this. Ozzie Guillen has said that people earn their roster spots in ST. Boone Logan had a 0.00 ERA in ST. A ZERO ERA.

If that's not being a blatant lying sack of horses***, then I don't know what is. I didn't say anything about playing Hall at 1B. I didn't say anything about choosing Erstand AND Pods over Anderson. But, THIS is absolutely insane. Ozzie has personal vendettas against certain players and he allows them to hurt the success of the team. Fact.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:36 PM)
Think about this. Ozzie Guillen has said that people earn their roster spots in ST. Boone Logan had a 0.00 ERA in ST. A ZERO ERA.

If that's not being a blatant lying sack of horses***, then I don't know what is. I didn't say anything about playing Hall at 1B. I didn't say anything about choosing Erstand AND Pods over Anderson. But, THIS is absolutely insane. Ozzie has personal vendettas against certain players and he allows them to hurt the success of the team. Fact.

It was pre-determined...that's the only explanation. How Cisco earned that stutus, we'll never know.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
I'm going to go out on a limb here.

McCarthy, Tracey, Anderson, Logan

Remember how much Ozzie hates it when his young players decide to open their mouths.

As far as I can tell, that sums it up. When asked, Ozzie said Terrero was terrific this spring -- I really got the impression he wanted Terrero over Anderson but was overruled.

Why don't we just play spring training with a 26 man roster for years to come, no point in giving anyone else a chance to prove themselves. At most 1 person gets a true chance to make the team.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:26 AM)
Wowww... When they ask Ozzie why Logan didn't make the team he's going to say it's because of the game he walked two batters, Wow...

I noted this during the game thread. Ozzie was b****ing about Logan's control, yet was praising Danks for throwing strikes after he was wild last game.

Okay, I've settled down on Sisco now after reading around some articles, websites, etc.. I would say KC really stunt Sisco's growth as a starter from what KW was saying even though he can still be used as one eigher by getting sent down if he stinks it up, or as a second thought from the organization. It seems were could be content with him being a bullpen guy for the future, maybe even a closer like KC had him as, if anything ever happens to Jenks. He was probably gonna get a bullpen spot eigher way even thought I'm sure some didn't expect Logan to be lights out again like last season in ST. KW was indicating where Sisco himself wants to invision himself as, and he wants to start but also wants to be here so is taking the "professional" attitude on wanting to be in the bullpen. I think the plan might be the same with BMac as I feared. Grooming him in the pen, letting him taste some ML hitting then put him in the rotation in 08'. At least that's my personal opinion on this.

I have never felt this sick going into a season ever. They can be best team in the league, and that's the part that makes me feel sick, because with the way the current situation appears, it doesn't matter if you perform well - if you are in Ozzie's doghouse, you aren't coming out.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:35 AM)
Yep, we're back to having the revolving door at the #5 spot - yet Kenny says the White Sox didn't take a step back. I hope he is right.

As it relates to the 2007 season, this offseason was an absolute disaster. From day one, I stated that this offseason wasn't the year to start worrying about the future. Rather, the offseason coming up would have been the ideal time to start loading up on prospects.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)
I have never felt this sick going into a season ever. They can be best team in the league, and that's the part that makes me feel sick, because with the way the current situation appears, it doesn't matter if you perform well - if you are in Ozzie's doghouse, you aren't coming out.

Off Topic: I'm sorry Wite, but it looks it your losing that bet already unless there's a catch that I'm not aware about. (Like him starting 27+ in AAA since it's just the "season" not the ML level.. :D)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
Off Topic: I'm sorry Wite, but it looks it your losing that bet already unless there's a catch that I'm not aware about. (Like him starting 27+ in AAA since it's just the "season" not the ML level.. :D)

Ya...he lost

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)

we'll see

Contreras is 58, Buehrle's looked like s***, and Danks is a rookie. It's possible he'll be up by May.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:52 PM)
we'll see

Contreras is 58, Buehrle's looked like s***, and Danks is a rookie. It's possible he'll be up by May.

Don't forget the other two knuckle heads in the rotation. What's the prize in this bet, or is it just pat on the back?

Quite ironic that some of us have been fighting all Spring Training for Logan and Anderson to make it, as I'm sure others are like me in not exactly thinking these guys are world beaters. For me personally, it's all about the message the organization is sending, as well as the incompetence of our manager to evaluate personnel.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
I think the plan might be the same with BMac as I feared. Grooming him in the pen, letting him taste some ML hitting then put him in the rotation in 08'. At least that's my personal opinion on this.

What's so difficult about stretching him out in Charlotte? As much as I disliked inserting McCarthy into the bullpen prior to 2006, it was understood his role was to provide multiple innings in the event a veteran starter is either ineffective or injured. For this season, there's no need to have Sisco occupy such a role due to the bullpen and starting pitching depth. Logan could easily make it possible to have him in Charlotte. Yet, why was this ignored?

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
For me personally, it's all about the message the organization is sending, as well as the incompetence of our manager to evaluate personnel.

I just hope, and pray that they have a plan. I'm still scratching my head. Something has to be "invisioned" that's behind closed doors.

Quite ironic that some of us have been fighting all Spring Training for Logan and Anderson to make it, as I'm sure others are like me in not exactly thinking these guys are world beaters. For me personally, it's all about the message the organization is sending, as well as the incompetence of our manager to evaluate personnel.

Could not agree more.

You know it can honestly have an effect on free agents in the upcoming offseason. I know I'm stretching so far into the future, but what player wants to sign with a team who's manager won't let the player who produced the best play?

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 05:02 AM)
You know it can honestly have an effect on free agents in the upcoming offseason. I know I'm stretching so far into the future, but what player wants to sign with a team who's manager won't let the player who produced the best play?

Considering free agents are going to be veterans ball players, they have nothing to worry about.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
What's so difficult about stretching him out in Charlotte? As much as I disliked inserting McCarthy into the bullpen prior to 2006, it was understood his role was to provide multiple innings in the event a veteran starter is either ineffective or injured. Logan could easily make it possible to have him in Charlotte. Yet, why was this ignored?

Your questions are as good as mine. Honestly I'm kinda looking for excuses for all of this.

For this season, there's no need to have Sisco occupy such a role due to the bullpen and starting pitching depth

HA! I'm sorry but I had to chuckle from this sentence. Depth my ass. There's no many question marks up and down that.... well... I suck at telling jokes, just being goofy is my style.