Drunk and (web) Surfing

Texsox

I wish I had thought of this. http://www.cereality.com/main.php

OK, I smell Kramer in this. The wacky, off beat Kramer, not the racist spewing Kramer.

I fell asleep at 7:00 pm from pure exhaustion and woke up at 10:00 pm and can not fall back asleep. This wine is very wonderful. I was tasting the "oak nuances" about an hour ago, now I'm just tasting the "I love you man" of the alcohol content.

But seriously, a f***ing cereal bar in the morning, isn't that the coolest? The pretentious "cerealologist" crap can go, but it beats the breakfast taco I currently grab.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:33 AM)
Cereality is a block from my office, and a huge mistake I made. You get a bowl of cereal and milk for like FIVE BUCKS, its just an awkward concept.

I bought a 20 OZ box of Cheerios and a gallon of skim milk from Jewel today for a total of 4 bucks. To even think of going to a place like that every morning you either have to be insanely lazy or have way too tight a schedule.

I heard the commercials on the radio about a month ago. They really push the "Every morning is Saturday morning here" thing. I guess what they do that is the appeal is that it isn't going in there and getting a bowl of Cheerios. You go in and order one of their concoctions. Stuff like 1 cup of Cocoa Puffs, 1 Cup of Peanut Butter CapN Crunch, 1 cup of Crunch Berries, 1 shot of Chocolate Syrup. That is the appeal. The stuff that WOULD cost you too much to make at home.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
I heard the commercials on the radio about a month ago. They really push the "Every morning is Saturday morning here" thing. I guess what they do that is the appeal is that it isn't going in there and getting a bowl of Cheerios. You go in and order one of their concoctions. Stuff like 1 cup of Cocoa Puffs, 1 Cup of Peanut Butter CapN Crunch, 1 cup of Crunch Berries, 1 shot of Chocolate Syrup. That is the appeal. The stuff that WOULD cost you too much to make at home.

That's the sort of thing my Boy and I call the Mega Mix, and it's the Saturday morning rule rather than the exception at our place. We haven't gotten to the shott of chocolate syrup yet or I'd have to peel his sugar-rushing arse down from the ceiling. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 09:39 AM)
Ah, but according to the recent studies, "Sugar Rush" is nothing but a myth. There is no such thing.

They also offer candies and other stuff to add to your cereal.

Empirical observations of my kids (n=2, admittedly) suggest otherwise. If they get a bowl of ice cream in them just before bedtime sleep is a lost cause for a good hour.

Tex, if there is one guy on this board I'd like most to hit the bars with, it'd be you. :cheers

I just hope you're still drunk when you get this so I can get a long speech about how you love me. :D

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Tex, if there is one guy on this board I'd like most to hit the bars with, it'd be you. :cheers

I just hope you're still drunk when you get this so I can get a long speech about how you love me. :D

GET A ROOM!!!

:lol:

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)

:cheers This fall, I too, will be a broke college kid. Again.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
I bought a 20 OZ box of Cheerios and a gallon of skim milk from Jewel today for a total of 4 bucks. To even think of going to a place like that every morning you either have to be insanely lazy or have way too tight a schedule.

Just wanted to try it once....and it was horrid.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)

I bought a dozen eggs, some bacon, and some potatoes from HEB today for a total of about $10. I can make about 6 meals. any one thinking of going to Denny's is insanely lazy. :D

Down here the grab and go choice is a breakfast taco, they are everywhere. Other areas a bagel or donut. This seems like a decent alternative. I also noticed the c-stores here have cereal in cups for about a buck, add a pint of milk, and you are set.