Rockies @ White Sox (SS), 2:05 CST

Balta1701

Well, the team splits today. Half go to Birmingham and play against the minor leaguers later today, half have a game against the Rockies here in a few minutes. Garland pitches the early game, Russell the late game. Linups momentarily.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Taveras, CF

Matsui, 2B

Atkins, 3B

Helton, 1B

Holliday, LF

Baker, RF

Tulowitzki, SS

Mabry, DH

Iannetta, C

Chi White Sox

Owens, LF

Lopez, P, SS

Thome, DH

Fields, 3B

Rogowski, C, 1B

Sweeney, CF

Perez, K, 2B

Kelly, RF

Smith, C

Colorado

Francis

Chi White Sox

Garland

Garland gives up 4 runs, 3 of em earned, on 5 hits and a throwing error by P. Lopez in the first inning. JG has a scoreless 2nd. Charlotte Knights + Thome yet to see a baserunner. Matt Holliday hit a 3 run homer off of JG.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Garland gives up 4 runs, 3 of em earned, on 5 hits and a throwing error by P. Lopez in the first inning. JG has a scoreless 2nd. Charlotte Knights + Thome yet to see a baserunner.

This pitching staff is definitely fine tuning things as we are only a mere few days away from games that count.

*sigh*

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
Garland gives up 4 runs, 3 of em earned, on 5 hits and a throwing error by P. Lopez in the first inning. JG has a scoreless 2nd. Charlotte Knights + Thome yet to see a baserunner. Matt Holliday hit a 3 run homer off of JG.

I am really interested in seeing how many runs the Rockies score this year. They have a really, really good lineup.

No hit through 4. What are they teaching in the minors, hold the bat from the thick end and swing the small end at the ball.

For all of this talk about Lopez having good hands, maybe he should get a samller shoe size because he keeps kicking the ball around a bit in the infield.

Edited by southsideirish71

Anyone know who this Smith kid is, catching for the Sox? I don't see his name on any of our minor league rosters. I'm kind of surprised, knowing we're a little thin on catchers, that they aren't playing Wiki, or Lucy, or someone who the organization may need this year or next.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
Anyone know who this Smith kid is, catching for the Sox? I don't see his name on any of our minor league rosters. I'm kind of surprised, knowing we're a little thin on catchers, that they aren't playing Wiki, or Lucy, or someone who the organization may need this year or next.

Wiki took over the catching duties in teh 6th. Garland with a 123 6th inning.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
Garland now has 6 innings under his belt. Last five innings: 2 hits, no walks.

still 4-0 Rocks.

Much better.

I guess it's possible to shut down the vaunted Colorado offense.

Brandon McCarthy's pitching line from today:

5 innings, 3 hits, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO, 1 HR

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Is that only his 2nd good ST outing?

Something like that. And It's a damn shame that's two more than most of our starters and his ERA, SO/IP numbers etc. are better than 4/5 starters.

EDIT: The only coquincidence is that Danks has been better overall.

Edited by SoxAce