Rockies @ White Sox (SS), 2:05 CST

Balta1701

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
And Garland? Doesn't good pitching shut down good hitting?

WTF are you talking about. I wasn't saying anything about Garland or the game today. I was just saying I'll be interested in seeing Colorado's offense throughout the season. They have a lot of interesting young hitters.

Why does every statement on this f***ing board have to be somebody pushing some f***ing agenda. It's ridiculous.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
WTF are you talking about. I wasn't saying anything about Garland or the game today. I was just saying I'll be interested in seeing Colorado's offense throughout the season. They have a lot of interesting young hitters.

Why does every statement on this f***ing board have to be somebody pushing some f***ing agenda. It's ridiculous.

:uhoh

Someones getting a bit cranky!

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Absolutely

You are probably right. But not a good thing to give up any young pitching at this moment. We are going to lose Buerhle this year, and then probably Garland after next year. I would rather have some healthy competition for those spots as opposed to giving it to whatever is left from any purging that we have. Its upsetting to Charlie to have him linger for a bit in AAA, however we need his flexibility.

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
I would love to see this kid get a shot with another team. I think the Sox would be making a huge mistake if they traded him though!

I doubt they trade any potential 5th starter candidates until the July pre-deadline trading period.

Unless they can get a power arm for the bullpen... :D

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
I would love to see this kid get a shot with another team. I think the Sox would be making a huge mistake if they traded him though!

Don't say that. The more times we say something would be an insane mistake, the more likely they seem to be these days.

Charlie Haeger should be traded. Immediately.

I get the feeling he and Boone are going to be packaged for a nice deal somewhere. I think they added Aardesma and Sisco to the roster with the intention of making a move before the start of the season and not optioning them due to this. A back-up catcher and good young arm in return.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Absolutely

Showcase Haeger if they want, but if we have any intention of trading him it should be for an absolute killing on our behalf. No "fair deals" or crap about "he's a knuckleballer and doesn't have value." Either we come out immediately in the deal, or don't even bother.

However anyone feels about Haeger, we'll need him in case the 5th starters fiasco becomes 2004 all over again.

OK the score updated, the game is indeed tied at 5-5. Question is, will they call it, or go to 10.

Scoreboard shows now as "completed early", so I guess that's it. We finish Cactus league play with the Knights + Thome coming back for a 5-5 tie against the Rockies (who actually played some starters).

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
I get the feeling he and Boone are going to be packaged for a nice deal somewhere. I think they added Aardesma and Sisco to the roster with the intention of making a move before the start of the season and not optioning them due to this. A back-up catcher and good young arm in return.

The Rockies are not exactly known for developing young pitching.

Sisco needs to prove he can throw said fireballer over said plate more than once. I wouldnt ditch Logan yet or Heager. As Flash has already said, we need protection in the 5th hole plus for any injuries. I like floyds stuff a lot more than a lot of people on this site, however to me he needs to be completely taken apart and rebuilt from scratch from a confidence standpoint. He is too shaky, and needs to throw strikes. Once he can get that ball over the plate more, he will be fine. But I think that may take a year.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)

I despise the idea of combining Haeger and Boone for anything involving a backup catcher -- great or not. But if it were to occur, with Colorado -- for example -- I'd include the following:

Franklin Morales

Chris Ianneta

Additional piece

Begins and ends there. Period.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:47 PM)
I despise the idea of combining Haeger and Boone for anything involving a backup catcher -- great or not. But if it were to occur, with Colorado -- for example -- I'd include the following:

Franklin Morales

Chris Ianneta

Additional piece

Begins and ends there. Period.

Because it involves a back-upcatcher I would think the players that we add that are close to Major League ready helps get some better ceiling guys. Logan and Haegar are good pitchers the back-up catcher would be more of throw in to a deal. How is Toronto's catching situation, they need an arm or two.....