Rockies @ White Sox (SS), 2:05 CST

Balta1701

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Because it involves a back-upcatcher I would think the players that we add that are close to Major League ready helps get some better ceiling guys. Logan and Haegar are good pitchers the back-up catcher would be more of throw in to a deal. How is Toronto's catching situation, they need an arm or two.....

Forget about Iannetta. Colorado released Javy Lopez specifically to give him playing time.

Concerning Toronto, it'd be great to land their catching prospect Curtis Thigpen. Cregg Zauhn won't be going anywhere anytime soon and he's backed up by Phillips. He'd be a good backup now, and in the future, a replacement for Pierzynski

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
Thome was the only regular hitting today. The K's I'm not concerned about. Let's wait until the regular season starts before we get worried about either the pitching or hitting. Let's keep everyone healthy for Monday.

See, this is what will happen -- if the pitching or hitting doing fare well, you'll say, "let's wait until May." And, if nothing improves, it'll become the second half.

I don't believe it's unreasonable to show concern towards the starting five. Compare their ST numbers to those within our division. Of Cleveland, Minnesota, and Detroit I believe only Verlander and Silva have statistics close to our starting five. 20 innings or not, I'm more worried that divisional teams have taken spring training more seriously than our pitchers. Or, rather, are more prepared. We just can't begin poorly. Everyone has to be ready from Game 1.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)
Who the f*** is V. Mercedes?

Some guy basically.

He was a minor league free agent the Sox signed and put at Winston-Salem last year. He had a decent year, but will be 28 in mid-April. He is not a prospect.