Sox @ Birmingham, 3/29/07

caulfield12

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/gameda...1&brand=cws

Tie game now.

Oh joy, Erstad committed an error fielding.

Guess which position he's at?

Thanks man! I was going refresh crazy on mlb.com which doesn't even have lineups

So this is basically what Ozzie wants on Opening Day huh? (Obviously Thome and Mack switched. Well, with Ozzie...) I don't know, I'd rather keep Iguch at 2 and have Erstad lower in the order

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
Thanks man! I was going refresh crazy on mlb.com which doesn't even have lineups

So this is basically what Ozzie wants on Opening Day huh? (Obviously Thome and Mack switched. Well, with Ozzie...) I don't know, I'd rather keep Iguch at 2 and have Erstad lower in the order

As would many of us.

0-4, 2 k's and 3 LOB thus far for Podsednik and Erstad.

Birmingham pitching appears to be giving it to the White Sox. Only 3 hits and 1 run allowed through four innings with 4 strikeouts.

Guillen has to be pulling out his hair watching this game.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

So Wes Whistler and other associatated poop is 3 hitting our A team through 5 with 6 strikeouts.

Yeah our hitting is going to torch CC and Jake Westbrook.

Why in the name of God is Kong in the 3 hole. Dye hit in the 3 hole during the WS run, but we want to put one of the slowest guys in at 3. Kong will have a lot of solo homers with prancer and erstad up on top.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(minorsfan @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 06:26 PM)
Oh joy, add another error to Erstad's tally (fielding!!!!)

Jesus.

I love how everyone of these Birmingham pitchers are just blazing through our lineup. Carlos Vasquez couldn't even throw a damn strike in spring training and now he's striking out two of our hitters!?!

Honestly, I would be ecstatic about this production from our AA club on any other day. Against the major league team, it's just not very pretty to watch.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 12:36 AM)
Our table setters are 0-6.

Just an overall terrible day for Estad.

Guys, watch the Bulls -- over the next five months, you're going to see enough weak left-handed pitching mow through our lineup. Enjoy life while you can...

This was something I was thinking about this morning: Is KW really satisifed with our team right now? I don't think this current roster is what he imagined having after last season ended.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
Guys, watch the Bulls -- over the next five months, you're going to see enough weak left-handed pitching mow through our lineup. Enjoy life while you can...

At least there's not a lot of lefties in our division.

BTW, any update on Dominic James going pro?

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 12:39 AM)
BTW, any update on Dominic James going pro?

Dominic James news has taken a backburner to the Crean to (insert bigger school than Marquette) speculation. I don't know how any scout who watched Dom James this year could recommend his to his GM to take James in the first round. I'd say it's 75% chance that he comes back -- I really can't see the benefit of him going pro this year.

But no actual news -- just me speculating.

I am waiting for someone to jump into the thread to remind us that this is not embarassing, that they belive that the Barons will win the AA crown. And that the heat, some wind, maybe a dog fart is responsible for our poor outiing. That this is only ST and that we will flip the switch come first pitch against CC.

I bet you CC is feeling stronger and stronger after he sees that Wes Freakin Whislter and stuff dominated our lineup.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
If the Sox are going to be crappy this year, I hope they're out of the race by July 28th. I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to watch their home night game on that Saturday.

You know they wont be.

They'll be just close enough at the division (~6 games) to where fans and management are divided in what to do.