Sox @ Birmingham, 3/29/07

caulfield12

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
Is it true that the Sox over/under is 89 in Vegas? Wow....pretty tempting to take the under.

Sounds like a sure thing to me right now. Bad pitching plus tough division.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
less so with the gambler going on the DL. About time something bad happened to that team.

Even if Rogers pitches terribly, and possibly endures injury throughout the season, they'll have Andrew Miller available. We don't have an Andrew Miller, unfortunately.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
Uribe had a two run RBI before BA's homer.

Now we'll see if the bullpen can actually hold a lead, if Ozzie plays this one out for 'real' or just development. We need a win, big time.

I don't know, I'm kind of hoping for anarchy at this point.

It'd just be funnier if we were to battle back against the immortal Barons pitching staff to take the lead, only to have Sisco blow the game.

Sisco must be in trouble. It's taking MLB Gameday quite a while to update.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Trust me the statement means nothing. Ozzie wants to put his speedy no hit guys up ontop just to have visions of what once was in Florida.

If anything, Anderson's HR only reaffirms Guillen's decision to have him as a late inning defensive replacement/pinch hitter

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the Sox are going to be crappy this year, I hope they're out of the race by July 28th. I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to watch their home night game on that Saturday.

Do you really want the Sox to flip Buehrle for another Gavin Floyd and ex-Sox prospect?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if Rogers pitches terribly, and possibly endures injury throughout the season, they'll have Andrew Miller available. We don't have an Andrew Miller, unfortunately.

yeah we just need more minor leaguers who haven't proved jack to sign for millions of dolllars and demanding to be added to the major league roster without throwing a single pitch.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 01:44 AM)
Do you really want the Sox to flip Buehrle for another Gavin Floyd and ex-Sox prospect?

If it came to it, I hope that the Mets would be knocking pretty hard -- unless they think Pedro is going to come back strong. I'd ask for Milledge straight up, so long as Buehrle was able to replicate his first half of 2006.

There should be a lot of teams bidding for Buehrle if he had a decent first half and the Sox tanked. The Cardinals, several AL East teams, Mets, a couple NL Weest teams -- dare I say the Cubs?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)

You're sounding more and more cynical this offseason. It's strange to read.

You should know more than anyone else that's not what I, or many -- including fathom -- would want.

I still believe if we're looking to compete within the next five year period we'll need a #1 or #2 to emerge from within our system or via trade. This should be the goal of every deal involving pitching from this point onwards. Don't just deal to deal; or take less to receive your guys (ie Floyd). We have enough back end guys, as it is.

Dealing Buehrle midseason really depends upon his statistics and the team's position in the standings. If he's the Buehrle of old, there's a chance he may receive Class A compensation and net us two draft choices. Trading him under such circumstances isn't necessary. However, if he's medicore, then Williams may be better off trading him than taking one Class B draft selection. Even then, I don't expect us to receive crap for him. Yeah, a team probably won't give up a stud prospect; but you can never guess another club's desperation.

Off topic, but why did WSI ban you? Was it because of the poll you created about poor offseason moves?

Edited by Flash Tizzle