Hard Drive Data Recovery

Soxbadger

The long and the short of it as follows:

My computer has suffered the following error in dst status test: 1000-0142.

Basically my hard drive is done. Im under warranty, but there are things on my hard drive that can not be replaced.

Dell has given me the following list of companies who will give me a discount:

Salvage Data Recovery Service

On Track

Driver Savers

Action Front Data Recovery Labs

Iomega Data Recovery Services

CBL Data Recovery Services

If anyone has any experience with any of these companies, or has another company that I can use I would greatly appreciate it. I will not be able to live with myself if some of this stuff is lost.

Success is much more important than price.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)

Basically my hard drive is done. Im under warranty, but there are things on my hard drive that can not be replaced.

On Track

Driver Savers

If anyone has any experience with any of these companies, or has another company that I can use I would greatly appreciate it. I will not be able to live with myself if some of this stuff is lost.

We have used On Track before when one of our admins didnt backup one of our financial servers. It was costly and they recovered most of the data.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)

On Track

Driver Savers

My ex-boss used Drive Savers and she got nicked for well over a grand to recover data from a $125 external firewire drive. Tex is right, you will become a backup fanatic after you drop a thousand dollars to retrieve your data.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
My ex-boss used Drive Savers and she got nicked for well over a grand to recover data from a $125 external firewire drive. Tex is right, you will become a backup fanatic after you drop a thousand dollars to retrieve your data.

I currently use an 8G flash drive to backup most of my personal data, that cost about 60 bucks at Frys. Backups are your friend. The quickest way for an IT person to get fired, is to tell the business that they lost data and have no backups.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 05:05 AM)

On Track

Driver Savers

I am truly sorry to hear about your problem - I don't have anything that will help solve your current problem ( I went through a similar problem but my brother-in law was able to restore most of my data to a new hard drive).

I do have a suggestion once you get back on line. We bought a wireless NAS (network accessible storage) device and back up all the computers in the house to it. Really neat device and if you do incremental backups only takes a few seconds each day! Cost was around $250 from Tiger Direct.