New Grass Pattern Cut This Year

joeynach

My friend who works for ticket sales with the sox said they cut a new pattern in the grass this year. He said its like the Kauffman Stadium pattern where the lines are angled out from like a vertex point. Kind of like a V pattern in the grass. I think it will be really cool, and that its neat to see them (Roger Bossard) change the cut pattern. It gives a different feel and I like it, its not so bland anymore. Here is a pic of what I think it looks like.

Day01-01.jpg

Edited by joeynach

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)
Out of every single person in this organization...I think I'll trust Roger Bossard more than anyone else to make the right decisions.

Design-wise, hasn't it almost always just been the same ol' stripe pattern?

They're showing clips from today's workout on the Final Word and the Cell looks amazing, the grass was the same design as last year as of when the video was shot but the green seats look so great. It's just a shame we won't be able to see them tomorrow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
They're showing clips from today's workout on the Final Word and the Cell looks amazing, the grass was the same design as last year as of when the video was shot but the green seats look so great. It's just a shame we won't be able to see them tomorrow.

So this thread is a work of art? Damn, I just got myself totally pumped as hell for the new grass pattern for no reason. How embarrassing.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
How am I going to fill the vast void in my life that is the lack of a new grass pattern?

Alcohol?

Drugs?

Sexually deviant behavior?

Yes to all of the above.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
So this is actually what the new pattern looked like. I like its not so bland and has some feel to it.

28764088.jpg

That's a smaller flag than they normally use, huh?

QUOTE(BainesHOF @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 10:04 AM)
The new pattern looks fine from the outfield or behind the plate. But as I was moving around the park the pattern does not look the same to the eye if you're down either line. Then it looks bad. Give a rare E to the God of Sod.

I was thinking this as well. I think it looks best from home plate or straight away center...but from the sides it looks kind of strange.