Opening Day: White Sox vs. Indians, 4/2/07 (L)

Steve9347

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
WTF are we calling breaking pitches on the first pitch with a kid up there. Why is Ozzie loading the bases on the kid.

This is dumb.

Want to know something shocking....Ozzie isn't even the Sox executive I have a problem with right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
Exactly what has been going on for the last month. The pitching on this team is just not there. Hopefully it's just them not being ready...but none of them have been there.

Haha. Jose looked good his last couple outings. Stuff was fine. Control was fine.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
Haha. Jose looked good his last couple outings. Stuff was fine. Control was fine.

I haven't watched any spring training games, but if that's true then I'll feel a lot better about today. We can write it off as simply a bad day and not a precursor of things to come.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
How as his velocity at the end of ST?

Looked good the two times I saw him. I'm not worried about his velocity. The problem today was he had two locations for all of his pitches: Right down the middle and WAY out of the strike zone. I don't care what your velocity is, you are going to get lit up like that.