Ozzies Critics

jaliciense1

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:53 AM)
You should probably refrain from calling me out if you don't read all my posts. I guess that won't stop people from making gross assumptions about myself.

What did that have to do with blaming Ozzie? I'm glad Garcia is gone and if Ozzie had a hand in pushing him out the door like I suspect he did then kudos to Ozzie on a job well done. The whole "I wish I could say what I have to say." comment has been talked about by every news outlet and the consensus is that he grew tired of Garcia and the 2 had a falling out.

What's more annoying? People supposedly complaining about every thing Ozzie does or the people who b**** about the people who are b****ing about Ozzie? How does b****ing at the b****ers make you any more righteous?

Youre right, I can't possibly comment on what your true feelings are about Ozzie or the team unless I read every single last one of your posts, it just seems every thread that I choose to jump into at somepoint turns into an Ozzie bashing session led by you. I can certainly understand if you don't care for the Sox manager, but making assumption after assumption grows old fairly quick. Somebody mentioned the Garcia trade as a point that Ozzie doesnt favor latin players ect., and your reasoning was "it seems Garcia and Ozzie had a falling out." Maybe you are different and like to read between lines, but I'll give Ozzie enough credit not to take him for granted on what he truly feels, he's not going to hold it back wheter a player was born in Venezula or South Dakota.

This is an "Ozzie Critic" thread, and where I dont read ALL your posts, I have seen enough of them to see that you don't care for him at all, so I just assumed that your answer about the Garcia trade was another rip on Ozzie, without any crediability whatsoever. I have no problem with people ripping on the team, Ozzie, or the players....nor am I trying to back them up, but if people are gonna constantly b**** all the time over here, why not back up posts with actual facts?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
\The whole "I wish I could say what I have to say." comment has been talked about by every news outlet.

If that is true then every news outlet must have done like a 1 minute 1 paragraph segment on it because I don't recall this at all. Do you have a link or something on this? I would like to read about it. It sounds like something is possibly being taken out of context.

Nevermind, I found it:

Ozzie's Comments

"Whoever criticizes us about that trade, I couldn't care less," Guillen said. "I wish I could say what I have to say. … Floyd is going to be a [fine] pitcher, and so will Gio Gonzalez. Those guys will be with us for good, and they're going to be here for a long time."

It doesn't really sound bad to me. I think there is something missing to the rest of the conversation though.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(whitesox07champs @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
I can make a case that Damaso's experience beat out Brandon's better statistics. And Damaso did pitch good in Game 3 of the WS.

I am looking for you guys to back this up with better reasons than that!

Ozney, if you can't admit Brandon McCarthy was the better pitcher than Damaso Marte down the stretch of '05, this thread is without value.

Soon after naming his ALDS roster, Guillen was asked why he chose Marte over McCarthy. Guillen's response was that McCarthy had started a game close to the end of the season, so he wouldn't likely be available to pitch in the ALDS, unlike a rested Marte. Guillen proved that quote to be a lie (perhaps starting fans to find their own reason why Guillen chose Marte over McCarthy) when he failed to swap Marte for McCarthy on the ALCS and WS roster. Since McCarthy had the entire ALDS to rest, Marte pitched poorly in the ALDS, and Guillen STILL didn't swap players, reveals Guillen made that roster decision not on talent and performances, but on something else.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ozney, if you can't admit Brandon McCarthy was the better pitcher than Damaso Marte down the stretch of '05, this thread is without value.

Soon after naming his ALDS roster, Guillen was asked why he chose Marte over McCarthy. Guillen's response was that McCarthy had started a game close to the end of the season, so he wouldn't likely be available to pitch in the ALDS, unlike a rested Marte. Guillen proved that quote to be a lie (perhaps starting fans to find their own reason why Guillen chose Marte over McCarthy) when he failed to swap Marte for McCarthy on the ALCS and WS roster. Since McCarthy had the entire ALDS to rest, Marte pitched poorly in the ALDS, and Guillen STILL didn't swap players, reveals Guillen made that roster decision not on talent and performances, but on something else.

Possibly a lefty in the bullpen? If not that, how about McCarthy sucks out of the bullpen? How about McCarthy was an unproven rookie? There are 3 possibilities other than to speculate hispanic players over white players.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
Possibly a lefty in the bullpen? If not that, how about McCarthy sucks out of the bullpen? How about McCarthy was an unproven rookie? There are 3 possibilities other than to speculate hispanic players over white players.

I never said Guillen chose Marte instead of McCarthy because of race. :huh

I was showing how McCarthy over Marte was the better choice, regardless of Guillen's reasoning.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never said Guillen chose Marte instead of McCarthy because of race. :huh

I was showing how McCarthy over Marte was the better choice, regardless of Guillen's reasoning.

Excuse me, but it seems as though that is what you were insinuating. Others here in this thread did state that. After those posts were made, you stated this:

reveals Guillen made that roster decision not on talent and performances, but on something else.

What is that something else? Please explain what you mean by that something else.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Excuse me, but it seems as though that is what you were insinuating. Others here in this thread did state that. After those posts were made, you stated this:

What is that something else? Please explain what you mean by that something else.

I'll ask you...does handedness count as talent in your mind?