White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
I wonder if we're going to lead the world in called third strikes again this year? At least Pods truly is the catalyst.

Fun stat: Podsednik struck out 96 times last year, 49 of those K's were looking. That's over 50% of the time. It's incredibly hard to find players who even top 30%.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
Fun stat: Podsednik struck out 96 times last year, 49 of those K's were looking. That's over 50% of the time. It's incredibly hard to find players who even top 30%.

I disagree with your use of the word "fun"

Why can't he get the ball down on a consistent basis..... Nobody is missing the mistakes either or maybe it is just an inordinate about of mistakes being made by our starters.

For the fourth time today we are reminded the Twins won the division and not the Tigers. Why is that so important..............

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)

Aren't "speed/slap" hitters supposed to be good contact hitters who make sure they put the ball in play?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)

Thats a quality that you gotta love in your leadoff man!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 07:16 PM)
I wonder how many runs Cleveland is gonna score this year? I wonder if they can make it to 1000

They made some great acquisitions for their offense this offseason w/o having to spend a lot of money. Nixon was someone I was hoping we'd look at to play LF.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)
Aren't "speed/slap" hitters supposed to be good contact hitters who make sure they put the ball in play?

1) Pods isn't fast he is a good base stealer

2) He is not a slap hitter....he is no kind of hitter what so ever

Nice K.

5-3 Tribe

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
Just got back from class.. how's Garland looked outside of the second?

Poor. 7 hits, 4 walks in 4 innings. 89 pitches, 49 strikes, 40 balls. Lotta stuff up in the zone. He was squeezed some by the ump, but that became less of a concern when the Tribe started hammerign everything. Pitching at 91 mph or slower according to Gameday.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)

I have another fun stat that related to this point. Scott Podsednik struck out looking 47 times last season, in his ENTIRE CAREER Juan Pierre has struck out a total of 46 times looking.

Is it out of the realm of possibility to think about the Sox making a pitching acquisition at some point this season? Or are we in the same "we've got to win with what we've got" mode that we were stubbornly in last year.

Not that I know of anyone that would be available, but we're going to have to upgrade here if this team wants to contend this season and beyond.